is Danger Den just a house favorite?or are they really the best Waterc

Grunt_Style

Kits are ok, but I think mixing and matching parts is better. Were I to buy new parts today:

Swiftech Storm - revised mass-production version of my Little River Cu Storm G4 CPU Block (good thing I have 2 of the originals!)

MCP655 pump

Thermochill PAL160.1 radiator or one of the new Black Ice single-pass radiators

Now that winter is here, my temps at idle are under 30C, usually 27C - 29C, and never get above 34C under load. Not sure what ambient air temps are though.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DD rules :)

the whole point of watercooling for me is to keep the darn noise down - I hate the sound of fans whirring upto full speed - hence CPUI and GPU waterblock - its just a shame I can't figure out what to do with the one fan left in my system - the chipset fan!

Put a fan on it---- a quiet one that is and temps will be fine and you wont hear them.

Danger Den is by far and away the best water cooling blocks, rads and pumps you can buy!! Ive tried eveerything and Danger den puts out quality products and if you have a prob just give the girls a call at sales and, BAM* its fixed. Ive bought blocks form other manufacturers when I first started water cooling and recieved several leaky messed up blocks and rads and lets not not talk about c sys pumps. DD ROCKS!!!

the swiftech storm and the cooltechnica mp05 are proven to be better performing cpu waterblocks than anything dangerden has put out.

i am partial to the storm, and i also use a dd maze4 on my video card.

the swiftech storm and the cooltechnica mp05 are proven to be better performing cpu waterblocks than anything dangerden has put out.

i am partial to the storm, and i also use a dd maze4 on my video card.

Errr the ºC/W is better but the very high resistance might be make it perform worse in the real world. Great for bragging rights though. Make very very sure that absolutly nothing is in the coolent and that you have a high head pump if using a storm or storm knock off.

I wish there were more/any first rate reviews with actual systems instead of with industrial pumps and estimating the result on a real system.

haha i should probably mention that i use an iwaki md20rzt, a high head industrial pump. in my loop, a storm beats the pants off of a tdx by quite a few degrees.

but even with a laing d5 pump both the storm and the mp05 should beat the tdx.

haha i should probably mention that i use an iwaki md20rzt, a high head industrial pump. in my loop, a storm beats the pants off of a tdx by quite a few degrees.

but even with a laing d5 pump both the storm and the mp05 should beat the tdx.

Maby maby not. The st G4 has a wopping 76 inches of pressure drop VS 16 for the TDX. That means the TDX is goin to have a lot more flow. Dont forget too that you can have more nossels to the DD to increase the C/W at the cost of flow too if you want to go that rout.

Not that I am knocking the G4 I have one of the original storm G4's with a modified DDC. But not everyone is willing to go to all that effort or have a pump the size of a small dog to get the last inch of performance.

DD has good service and that does count for a lot. I think I had to wait for 6 months to get the G4 and had to send somthing like 8 emails.

Errr the ºC/W is better but the very high resistance might be make it perform worse in the real world. Great for bragging rights though. Make very very sure that absolutly nothing is in the coolent and that you have a high head pump if using a storm or storm knock off.

I wish there were more/any first rate reviews with actual systems instead of with industrial pumps and estimating the result on a real system.

I think the swiftech storm wb was meant to be used in a single waterblock system, while the dangerden is more friendly to be hooked to more waterblocks (chipset/gpu). In theory if the Storm is alone in the system it trully performs at it says it does, and reviews say that exactly all the time... but if you plan on cooling more than the CPU in the same system, then the TDX wb might be a better choice because of its low resistance.

In any of the two cases we are talking about a diference of just 1 or 2 degrees; it sounds as if someone says 1 million dollars doesn't make people happy, since its equally happy the guy with 98 million than the guy with "just" 97 million :shake:

i would try Swiftech stuff if they sent me a test kit, as I know they are really good.

But I still think DangerDen is just as good if not better, and their customer service and support are top notch (don't have any experience with Swiftech so I can't say anything about them).

Swiftech stuff is different than DD stuff as Joe pointed out. When it comes right down to it, they perform virtually the same...Swiftech wins some tests and DD wins some tests,

in a situation like this, I go not by performance, but by how well it fits into my system, the requirements it...well, requires, and more than anything, how the company treats me as a customer.

n any of the two cases we are talking about a diference of just 1 or 2 degrees; it sounds as if someone says 1 million dollars doesn't make people happy, since its equally happy the guy with 98 million than the guy with "just" 97 million

exactly...but there's always gonna be a few...fanboys might be too harsh of a word...that will just argue until the end of time that one particular company's product is so superior to the one that you like that you must be smoking drano-laced crack to dare question their knowledge about such things.

There's probably a few air coolers out there that in scientific testing can do 1 or 2 or *gasp* 4 degrees cooler than my thermalright XP units...but I can install and uninstall an XP-90 with my eyes closed and I know every little bit about them and how they work in my systems and what kinds of temps they will do on so many different cpu's and at all different clocks...

exactly...but there's always gonna be a few...fanboys might be too harsh of a word...that will just argue until the end of time that one particular company's product is so superior to the one that you like that you must be smoking drano-laced crack to dare question their knowledge about such things.

There's probably a few air coolers out there that in scientific testing can do 1 or 2 or *gasp* 4 degrees cooler than my thermalright XP units...but I can install and uninstall an XP-90 with my eyes closed and I know every little bit about them and how they work in my systems and what kinds of temps they will do on so many different cpu's and at all different clocks...

And of course you can always use a Delta or Tornado fan on top of that XP-90 to blow any degrees the others might have in favor... :rolleyes: In my opinion the XP-90 is one hell of a heatsink, and not only using a GE Turbine on top but also using a quiet fan... something the other brands might not have.

AG, do you know exactly how the XP-120 and the XP-90 compare to each other? I had the two, and to my experience the 90 performed a lot better with the same type of fan (brand), but smaller (90 vs. 120)... was this a fluke???

And of course you can always use a Delta or Tornado fan on top of that XP-90 to blow any degrees the others might have in favor... :rolleyes: In my opinion the XP-90 is one hell of a heatsink, and not only using a GE Turbine on top but also using a quiet fan... something the other brands might not have.

AG, do you know exactly how the XP-120 and the XP-90 compare to each other? I had the two, and to my experience the 90 performed a lot better with the same type of fan (brand), but smaller (90 vs. 120)... was this a fluke???

probably not...so many factors to factor in when cooling...how big your dead-spot is on the fan, how many rpm's the fan is doing, etc etc etc

I've never used an XP-120...only because for $24.99 I can get an XP-90 and there's nothing on this earth that cools better than an XP-90 for $24.99

Probibily not check this out the xp90 was rated beter than the 120 at the same noise though the 120 did better. The 120's often dont move any more air than the sameller fans the 90mm fan they use in the test actualy had a higher max cfm than the 120.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/p4sum.asp