is Danger Den just a house favorite?or are they really the best Waterc

Grunt_Style

Ive been looking around on thier site and they seem pretty high priced. whats the differance in shelling out 300-400 bucks for a watercooling system vs some that ive seen that are 100-200. I understand that a big reason plays into the radiators they manufacture, but is that really all that sets them apart? im seriously considering a watercooling system, but i dont want a huge 2lb Cooling block hanging out the back of my Case. id like to get something thats self contained and fits inside the system.

I was looking at an Artic cooling kit for around 120 bucks and it seemed to be ok. especially since it was a small radiator that fit in one of the 5 inch bays.

Ill be reading up on watercooling and whatnot for the next few days so i expect ill have a better insight soon.

thanks for any comments.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like most things...you get what you pay for

when you buy Value RAM and it won't overclock like the $209 Performance RAM that everyone uses and suggests...then you really got what you paid for right?

when you buy a Thermaltake BigWater kit for $129.00...and it gives you the same or worse temps as air cooling and a louder fan to boot...then you didn't get the great performance that DangerDen and Swiftech provide at a premium price.

one day everyone is going to realize that reality is that 99% of the time you get what you pay for, and when you go cheap or 'bargain', thats exactly what you get.

1% of the time though...you make out like a bandit and get something that is worth more than you paid for it (whether to you or to others)

funny you should mention the thermal take big water kit. ive actually had the chance to install the corsair water cooling kit . and i really like it . but as crappy as the thermal take big water kit is .. its not nearly as bad as i expected. and not as loud .. for me its pretty silent .. till i added another 120mm fan go go along with my 2 80mm fans over my ram . while the review werent bad ... i think the kit gets a bad name ... sorry i totally had to defend what crappy h20 system i have but .. ag is right you get what you pay for

i love my dfi board and i paid a arm a leg and a kidney for it!

then i gotta say .. dfi fix my temp diode .. cause this thing reports im at 30c... what up with that!

when im overclocked to 2.7 with 1.6 volts

also what wouldnt make it so good.. the fact that the pump only pushes 120 gallons an hour.. or what. i know the tubbing is really small. but im only cooling my cpu

Take a look at Evercool's W-202 ($99) ... it's a lot of value for money (I added a $50 Themaltake Big Rad inline so now the system has three radiators - all internally mounted) ...

Swift teck has some parts that are better than DD but they also sell some parts I would not put in my computer. Everything at DD is high quality and they return you emails immedatly not somthing that happens at most other WC places.

Do some reasearch but make sure you have very high quality stuff if you are puting it in your truck. The tubing in the swiftteck kits is pretty thin and they are higher quality than most.

Also some parts from both Swiftech and DD are almost identical in performance, yet I am reading stories about not being equal in durability; water pumps and stuff.

The mid range price goes to Swiftech I guess... while the ultra high performance goes for DD, this for CPU cooling. Video card cooling DD is better, yet it is not king of the hill since Innovatek and Koolance were first to release 7800GTX waterblocks that cool both gpu and RAM (on one side only of course). Still, the moment DD release a WB for this cards it will be better.

Who make the Black Ice radiators btw??? I have two Xtreme II's and they are awsome, better than the dual 120 mm Swiftech which I also have in another system... but I think anything huge is better, hehe I was like this " " to adapt an automatic transmition radiator (25 x 40 cm) to the watercooling system... hehe, but the fan would be a real mess to adapt.

im pretty set now that ill get a DD watercooling system.

I want to cool the CPU mainly.

The Ram would be sweet to have watercooled, but i havent seen anywatercooling kits for ram other than the MiPs site and thier blocks didnt look very impresive to me.

as for the GPU i dont see why it would be important to water cool. in the end ill probably get a GPU cooler as well since not really that expencive.

i guess my main concern is would i be putting too much stuff on ust 1 radiator. should i get multiple cooling blocks. one for each component im cooling?

DD rules :)

the whole point of watercooling for me is to keep the darn noise down - I hate the sound of fans whirring upto full speed - hence CPUI and GPU waterblock - its just a shame I can't figure out what to do with the one fan left in my system - the chipset fan!