Angry Instructional Video - Test #2 - Updated (48MB video)

Angry_Games

testing testing...welcome to the next step in Bizzarro Angry Instructional Video Land

I have found a free (no registration required) Bit Torrent tracker, so if possible, PLEASE test the torrent. I have it seeding and my friend here is also downloading/seeding right now so we know it works, but we also need you guys to test please.

If it works, it will be how we distribute large how-to stuff like this little test video.

DO NOT EVER USE THIS TORRENT STUFF FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

if you do such stuff, do it on your own time, and with your own sites/trackers. I was lucky enough to find a good, free tracker, and there's no way I am going to screw that up, nor have any legal action brought against me because members at this forum began using it for illegal file distribution (of copyrighted materials).

I know you guys won't do such a thing with our Street torrents...but I'm just making sure you know just how serious I am. Torrents are a great great way to distribute large file sizes as I just don't have the bandwidth to let 1,000 members download a 100MB file (and trust me, they WILL start getting to be 100MB soon as I get better and better with this vid capture stuff, and when I get a much nicer vid capture card).

UPDATED SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2005

angry_build-1a.wmv

48MB

800x600 resolution

29 minute, 12 seconds in length

audio track imbedded

If you need a Bit Torrent client, please use this one (its what I use, or find one you like):

http://www.bittornado.com/

If you don't have a clue what BT is or how it works, google is your friend

the torrent file is here:

http://www.angrygames.com/vids/angry_build-1a.wmv.torrent

One of the things we will be requiring for using Torrents to distribute helpful things is that you must seed the file you download until you have at least a 1:1 ratio (ie: you must upload as much as you have downloaded).

That is the entire point of the Bit Torrent idea, is that when you are done downloading the file, you leave it running so that others can download from you (as well as everyone else that has the file).

Please let me know if the file works for you. It is just a simple test video that I've made as we are getting ready to go the next step in showing users how to do certain things (I also am purchasing a Digital Video Camera to create more instructional how-to vids for you since the Crossfire board is coming and will create a whole new wave of support customers that need help!)

Update: the bossman is sending his very nice Sony DV camera to me as he is as excited by this idea as I am :tooth:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good good...this is going to be something I think we will continue with in the future...I'll have the DV cam this week, and will do the entire 'from out of the box that just arrived from newegg' to 'holy smacks I just played BF2 @ 275x10, 4xAA/16xAF and it never stuttered a single bit!'

good good...this is going to be something I think we will continue with in the future...I'll have the DV cam this week, and will do the entire 'from out of the box that just arrived from newegg' to 'holy smacks I just played BF2 @ 275x10, 4xAA/16xAF and it never stuttered a single bit!'

hahah.. Good idea man. Smart thinking :cool: :cool: :P