Sign in to follow this  
jackal007

Fan for my DFI :sad:

The fan on my motherboard decided to die after only 20 days :sad:.

I am looking for a replacement, a good fan or ideally a fan less northbridge cooler.

Is there anyone could suggest any good northbridge cooler with or without fan?

My 6800Ultra ends very close to the northbridge, the original fan is just under the geforce heatsink. :mad:

thank you

I don't think there is anyone who has posted on this forum that hasn't had their fan die...

Anyway, here's a link for a chipset cooler and what you might have to do for clearance...Vantec Iceberq

Thank you for your advice,

i already ordered one so during this weekend i am ready to go.

Just a quick question, how do you remuve the AGP card? I have difficultis to take it off.

What is the temprature that the chipset is suppose to reach? I want to keep an eye on it.

thank you

Hi.

My chipset fan died after runing just a month, so I bought a 30x30x0,7mm fan (the only one I could find that was thin enaugt). I dont know if the chipset has the right temp, mine is running 34C idle and 39 C load.

If you got any temp readings at the chipset and what temp that is ideal can you pleace post it?

Thanks

i just bought a vantec iceberq4 pro for my NB.. and i got an ATI X850XT w/ zalman vf700.. is this gonna work?

Hi Guys,

during the weekend i received a vantec iceberq :P , i installed it and the computer was up and running after few setting on the bios.

The CPU Chipset is running at 37 in IDLE and 39/40 under stress. I think they are pretty close temprature so i will do some more test and i will post more temp. This are temp without Overclock.

I haven't overclock my mobo because it is pretty unstable without :sad: .

I have few probs with the bios setting and the boot.

My SCSI wont get recognized for the boot. This happens only id the Raid is on.

The New Bios 824 seem to sort this problem but after few boot the PC decided to stop working and fail on the post. Only a reset was ok.

iceberq or iceberq4? or icerberq 4 pro?

Hi Guys,

during the weekend i received a vantec iceberq :P , i installed it and the computer was up and running after few setting on the bios.

The CPU Chipset is running at 37 in IDLE and 39/40 under stress. I think they are pretty close temprature so i will do some more test and i will post more temp. This are temp without Overclock.

I haven't overclock my mobo because it is pretty unstable without :sad: .

I have few probs with the bios setting and the boot.

My SCSI wont get recognized for the boot. This happens only id the Raid is on.

The New Bios 824 seem to sort this problem but after few boot the PC decided to stop working and fail on the post. Only a reset was ok.

jackal007, where did you get the fan from, been looking around and can only find overclockers.co.uk and their out of stock.