Catn connect to internet using ethernet connection

Did you ever get it fixed? I had a similair problem with my verizon dsl. One tech told me my onboard NIC was bad, but after trying several changes, no luck. When I called back, another tech told me if I could access the modem, then there was nothing wrong with my NIC. It was a setting in the modem (I had to change it to bridge). So I wonder if a lot of these NIC problems are not actually modem problems. Everything works fine, now.

I had the same problem, what was even more strange was that if I removed the cable and plugged it back in, my router gave it an address via DHCP :P

I couldn't be bothered to find a fix so I just put in a spare Dlink NIC that I had lying around, which works fine.

I've just finished a build 0I'll get my sig online soon!), but I can't get my connection to even RECOGNIZE through my DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR.

And when I try to install the SFI CD-ROM into my dvd/cd drive it IMMEDIATELY prompts a message I need to insert a disk into "HardDrive1" because no disk was found. It has something to do with an .exe file on the DFI disk (I'm guessing, b/c I cannot open the cd on ANY computer).

Can I download the ethernet driver fix and burn to cd-r to transfer to new pc rig?

IS there a fix for this, sounds like the ethernet ports just aren't happening. Kinda bummed when I spend $175 for a mobo, and need to spend $15 more for a card due to its faults, and LOSE one PCI slot when I only have two avail.

Does EVERYBODY need to buy a separate card? Only if you OC the mobo? Certain models? What's the deal? No internet makes my life difficult (my other pc sucks, that I'm posting from).

AMD X2 3800+ 2.68 GHz on air (268 x 10, LDT x 4 = 1072) @ 1.475v (still burning in, too)

DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR

OCZ platinum 2 GB DDR500 2 X 1 GB running 1:1 268 MHz 3-3-2-7 @ 2.8v

OCZ Powerstream 520W psu

Linksys WRT54GC wireless router

1.5-3.0 MB/s DSL

4 80mm case fans, 2 stock, 2 additional

Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu hsf

ATi All-In-Wonder X600 Pro 256 MB video

Audigy 2 Zs (gamer) sound

Western Digital 250 GB SE16 caviar 16 mb buffer SATA II

NEC ND-3540 DVD/CD RW

Mitsumi 7-in-1 reader w/ floppy

Aspire (red) X-Cruiser ATX mid-tower case

I've tried disabling firewall, reversing cables (router/computer), unplugging, new accounts, cold boot, optimized BIOS at 200 MHZ fsb (no overclock), new network, direct dsl modem connection, ...

Nothing is working. I just spoke to support for SBC DSL (customer service would be an oxymoron). They said I need a network adapter, 'cuz I have NO local area network (LAN) account showing.

Microsoft helper (another oxymoron), states that for EACH network adapter, a LAN account should be configured and show up AUTOMATICALLY. So, do I not have one? What is it? Is it on the mobo or video card?

Did I possibly not install a power cord correctly? I've got everything else going nice... Installed software, run programs, been through prime95 for hours, superpi, and SiSoft Sandra (except network bench disallows me from combined bench score).

Any help is appreciated.

(BTW, how do I post a NEW thread? I couldn't find a way, so I am adding to this thread- a little off topic, perhaps).