Sign in to follow this  
stowenrat

Catn connect to internet using ethernet connection

I have a broadband modem and connect using a usb cable but cannot connect using the usual ethernet cable. I have gone through all the settings on the phone with my isp and still cannot connect. I get an IP of 0.0.0.0. If I reboot the modem with my laptop connected the IP address is automatically acquired and the same happens with my NF250 using the usb cable but that wont happen using the ethernet cable.

Is it the network controller that is just not working?

Run cmd. type in ipconfig -all

there should be a mac address. if not you may have to manualy set it in bios.

your mac address can be found on a sticker on the top of your agp slot.

There isnt one after doing ipconfi/all so I found the MAC address and entered it in the bios. Still have a problem in that it still acquires the wrong IP address even though it is set on automatically acquire it gets a 169.etc address instead of 82.etc which I need?

I have even tried changing the local area connection settings to manual and entering the necessary IP,Subnet mask, DNS severs that are used to connect to internet and it still wont connect.

Could be a faulty cable or a Speed Auto-Sensing issue.

Also, some ISP will only provide a DHCP lease for a single MAC address. If your BIOS allows you to clone MAC address for the onboard NIC, you may want to try using the MAC address of your laptops card (note that this will prevent those 2 computers from being on the same physical network).

not that palmalice as I can swap between pc's by rebooting the modem. It will also not connect to a router with the ethernet cable, even tho i AM CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER FINE NOW WITH A LAPTOP.

That I keep pressing capslock with:)

I will try reinstalling ethernet driver.

this prolly is my number 1 complaint with these boards, the onboard ethernet just craps and won't work, especially if the unit is clocked.

i bypassed it, installed a PCI NIC w/Realtec chipset (about $10), works wonderfully................

i gave up on the onboard NIC after many failures, seems to work with a fresh install, but goes south almost immediately. same problem with both 250 boards that i have right now.........

just one of those thangs.....

baldy

I think u are right bldegle2 it's just fooked. I was trying setup a router and the NF3 was autoconfiguring the right IP for the router and my laptop could see the NF3 attached to the router but no way could the NF3 ping the router.

I have spent 6 hours on this, have telephoned my ISP and the makers of the router and gone through everything it could be.

I am very annoyed, I now cannot attach my laptop and NF3 to the internet at the same time using a router.

I think u are right bldegle2 it's just fooked. I was trying setup a router and the NF3 was autoconfiguring the right IP for the router and my laptop could see the NF3 attached to the router but no way could the NF3 ping the router.

I have spent 6 hours on this, have telephoned my ISP and the makers of the router and gone through everything it could be.

I am very annoyed, I now cannot attach my laptop and NF3 to the internet at the same time using a router.

Mine never worked either. Your best bet is to buy a 12.00$ NIC card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16833180004 or use your usb ports.