XP-M Stepping&Week?

Hey guys, Got a friend that bought two new XP-M 2600+'s and wants to sell me one. I am wondering how good they are with such a new stepping and week. One is AXMG2600FQQ4C-IDYHA 0505VPMW-Y946102B50415 and the other is AXMG2600FQQ4C-IDYHA 0505VPMW-Y946102B50417 Looks different from what many of you guys have in your sigs. I was thinking of taking out my locked XP3200+ and trying a mobil. I am thankfull for any words of wizdom...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank's for the input Shinobi...I can already hit 2.5ghz with my XP3200+ maybe I should just stay with that. Do you think this mobil would run cooler than my 3200+? I am running 41c right now with a vcore of 1.775 and the room temp is about 74f...

To get the most out of the mobile you will need some different memory, you might not get more CPU speed but with the right memory you will get a nice increase in FSB.

Even with your current cpu with some memory with TCCD chips on it you may find you can run that FSB and timings at 1T and get a good performance boost, also if you upgrade later to a A64 you can still use the memory.

Bruce

Hey Charlie, my 3200+ is AXDA3200DKV4E and date is 0503. Got this info off of CBI, I wrote the numbers down when I first got the 3200+ but I can't seem to find the card I put it on in my computer junk box...I will keep looking....

Hey Charlie, my 3200+ is AXDA3200DKV4E and date is 0503. Got this info off of CBI, I wrote the numbers down when I first got the 3200+ but I can't seem to find the card I put it on in my computer junk box...I will keep looking....

If its week 05 03 then it has to be unlocked. They only started locking processors in the later half of 2003, around week 36 if i remember right.

Actually, i'm pretty sure AMD only released the 3200 around May 2003 so week 5 2003 can't be right.

Your better looking at the actual chip really Mazon, software readings can be unreliable.