nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

Of course between PQI3200-1024DBH(timing 2.5-3-3-7) & PQI3200-1024DBL( timing 2-3-2-5) the PQI3200-1024DBL is better because of its low timing. But from PQI the best 1GB PC3200 Dual Channel Module that you can get is:

PQI3200-1024DBU (timing 2-2-2-5)

Also take a look at this link:

http://www.pqimemory.com/turbo_double.asp

it doesnt look like they are selling that anymore. at least i can't find it at any of the links they provide.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch, thats really steep for only slightly faster timings, especially when i can get 2-3-2-5 for under $100.

You're right. The PQI3200-1024DBU is really expensive. ;)

But at the price of PQI 3200-1024DBL you can get Crucial BallistiX with timing 2-2-2-6 which works really good at a great price.

In any way,it's your money & you should decide how to spend it. :)

Aaaargh! Each time I make up my mind about what RAM to buy I get second thoughs the next day.

My max FSB with a 11x multi is 240. So would it be be better to get PC4000 in the hopes of being able to lower the latencies, or to get PC3200 with low latencies in the hopes of a good OC?

Do you happen to know what chips these are, Sharp? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231034

Pic not working for me?

Hello Sharp

Pic not working. work what?:mad:

OK. can you look at your ballistiX & tell me are they single side or double side?

My modules are single side. How's yours?

To my knowledge single side modules are colder than double sides but they need more processing power from CPU to be refreshed each time. Am I right?

Thank You

Mine are double sided, here is a pic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3431&stc=1

Can you see the 4 chips, 2 on top then the PCB in the middle then 2 chips under.

[-----] [-----]

===========

[-----] [-----]

Double sided modules should put more strain on the memory controller and take more power (watts/get hotter).

Hi Sharp,

You gave me some advice a couple of months ago and i thought i'd come back for more. It was my understanding that generally speaking Corsair was not recommended for DFI boards due to vague but apparent compatability problems. Is this still generally considered to be the case, or is corsair back on the menu?

Many thanks

EDIT: Just realised that i haven't changed my signature since you helped me last year.