Sign in to follow this  
Sharp

nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

just incase anyone was interested after i rma'ed the DOA gskill pc4000 2gb kit i purchased the OCZ pc4000gx xtc 2gb kit.

The most i have been able to squeeze out of them is 268 @3-4-4-7 w/2.7v

Kinda dissapointing as i was trying to hit 270 @3-4-3-7, however i dont think thats goin to happen. :(

Oh well looks like from what others say i should have gone with the mushkin pc4000 2gb kit.

Mushkin 2Gb kids are having their share of problems as well I tell you. Seems only first batches have been able to get stable speeds above 260...the ones I got can't even do 1:1 at 260 :( Check mushkin forum...

I have the G.Skill F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ. Two months now and stable at

11x245 for me. My cpu is holding me back via voltage as I am using

1.49 Vcore to keep temps down. Went to 260 when clocked lower on cpu

but my sweet spot seems to be around here.

11x245 4x245 htt 3-4-4-7

wish it were more

2GB really helps BF2 Q4 etc etc.

and BOINC' ing

Z

I havent read *all* 21 pages of this thread :P, so plz excuse me if this is answered already:

I current choice for RAM is 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix (PC3200 or PC4000).....I read at anandtech.com that is this one of the best buys for RAM right now, provided u cannot buy a very expensive RAM....I have heard here in this thread that this can achieve an OC of about 280Mhz, but have also heard that some people are having problems with this....

so is Crucial Ballistix good enough, or is there a better choice provided that the memory is not for more than $150...:P

Ok, I've got a question, I've got my rig at 260x10x4....Ram is at 2.5-3-3-6 @ DDR520 running @ 2.92volts

I've Got Geil ONE "S" series (TCCD Chips) 512mb x 2 in the orange slots (read on here somewhere that's where they work best...)

to my point, why does my ram not run at the rated timings when @ ddr600???

I can't get it stable past 260fsb no matter what i do...according to Geil website, what I have is rated at 2.5-4-4-8 @ DDR600..Any help?

ahmadka, Yes it is very good memory and quite cheap compared to the others.

s10man69, Might be your CPU or settings.

For 300FSB you need to set the LDT ratio to x3.

Also use 2.8v.

And create a thread about this, that way people can post in it and help you out.

ahmadka, Yes it is very good memory and quite cheap compared to the others.

I dont mean to be rude in any way, but cud u slightly explain this a bit more :P

I mean, is this the best i can get for a DFI board under $150, or is there a better sustitute ??? or r there any common problems when installing this into DFI board...

I am asking for more detail, cuz this is the first time i am building a system, and I need all the help i can get :D

ahmadka, where will you be buying your memory from?

I consider BallistiX (2x512MB ) to be very one of the best memory modules available, in terms or Performance and Quality.

They overclock to 250Mhz @2.5-2-2-5 with <= 2.8v and will go beyond 250Mhz.

In the UK they are also the cheapest set of modules around.

WhoKnowsHimself, why less than 1GB? (2x512MB?).

Recommended modules are the ones with low timings such as, 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-X

I still hve to thank you guys for recommending the G.Skill 2x1GB HZ modules. I passed microtests at 320 MHz (but not the full test) - I am currently trying to find the fastest stable speed using the full test.

The microtests I am doing is just loopng Test #5 in memtest86 for 10 passes. Makes for a good fast general OC experimentation in a single day. I have a good feeling about 300 MHz even as being the full-test stable clock rate.

WhoKnowsHimself, why less than 1GB? (2x512MB?).

Recommended modules are the ones with low timings such as, 2-2-2-5 or 2-2-2-X

Thanks Sharp

OK. you're right. 512 MB isn't enough.;)

But there's no ballestiX series of crucial in Iran. but there's almost all of PQI Turbo series.

There are only two medels with CAS 2 available:

1. PQI 3200-1024DBU (2x512) latency 2-2-2-5

2. Corsair TWINX1024-3200c2 (2x512) latency 2-3-3-6

But the problem is this:

Corsair modules seems to have issue with DFI & PQI cost about 160$ on your currency which is very expensive for me to buy.:sad:

So I decided to buy single channel of PQI3200-512SBU (512 with timing 2-2-2-5) & double it as soon as possible.

I also keep searching for ballistix memories

The question is this:

Is PQI3200-512SBU suitable ram for my hardware? have anyone burned this out?

isn't it like corsair memories?

Thank You.

Sign in to follow this