Sign in to follow this  
eBoy0

What does it mean when memory won't run SC?

Sorta weird... but my memory won't run SC in the 2 slots closest to the CPU, but run DC in both yellow/yellow orange/orange and gimme alot of errors in memtest particularly on test #7... so the question is, why won't the memory boot individually in orange or yellow slots closest to the cpu? tryed both 6-23 and 7-04

Hello,

SC, might be the memory controller cant handle 1GB on 1 channel with CPC enabled.

Use bios 704-2BTA.

After the flash clear the CMOS for 10 minutes.

Then make sure that all 4 power connectors are plugged into the board.

Use 2-3-3-6 timings and 2.8v.

Maybe your modules are getting to hot? (are you keeping them cool?).

Hello,

SC, might be the memory controller cant handle 1GB on 1 channel with CPC enabled.

Use bios 704-2BTA.

After the flash clear the CMOS for 10 minutes.

Then make sure that all 4 power connectors are plugged into the board.

Use 2-3-3-6 timings and 2.8v.

Maybe your modules are getting to hot? (are you keeping them cool?).

Yes they are being cooled, and i've tryed the 704-2BTA. So it can be my CPU? but why do the top 2 run in SC but the bottom 2 slots don't run in SC?

but the bottom 2 slots don't run in SC?

Because the chipset and board do not support such foolishness actually. 939 is dual channel cpu and is designed to run as such. Of course they made allowance to startup the board with only one stick but that was as far as single channel was pursued since the whole concept hinges on dual channel.

RGone...

but the bottom 2 slots don't run in SC?

Because the chipset and board do not support such foolishness actually. 939 is dual channel cpu and is designed to run as such. Of course they made allowance to startup the board with only one stick but that was as far as single channel was pursued since the whole concept hinges on dual channel.

RGone...

But... why do the sticks pass 5 runs of memtest STOCK w/o errors when i run them in single channel in the top 2 slots, but when i dual channel them they gimme like 40k errors? O and by single channel i'm talking bout both bottom yellow/orange and individual sticks.

Turns out.. it is the mobo... took my old DFI NF3 Ultra-D for a try and surely enuff error free @ 250HTT 2-2-2-51T 3.2v.... 5 runs in DC error free. Immediatly afterwords i stuck everything back into my SLI-DR... back to 400 errors at the same settings. Time to buy that Jetway i always wanted... 4 replaced SLI-DR's is a sign..

Turns out.. it is the mobo... took my old DFI NF3 Ultra-D for a try and surely enuff error free @ 250HTT 2-2-2-51T 3.2v.... 5 runs in DC error free. Immediatly afterwords i stuck everything back into my SLI-DR... back to 400 errors at the same settings. Time to buy that Jetway i always wanted... 4 replaced SLI-DR's is a sign..

You do not understand the ways of the force young padawon!

You do not understand the ways of the force young padawon!

lmao... it's funny this last board i'm talking bout is STOCK... it just came out of the box about a week ago. I didn't touch overclocking it at all!

these boards in my experiance will not even post with memory in the slots closest to the cpu. and as rgone has said these are dual channel boards and not really setup to run in single channel. it is only to allow you to post and change settings with the memory in the farthest slots from the cpu

these boards in my experiance will not even post with memory in the slots closest to the cpu. and as rgone has said these are dual channel boards and not really setup to run in single channel. it is only to allow you to post and change settings with the memory in the farthest slots from the cpu

I understand this... but this mobo giving me 400 errors at stock is not cool..