Sign in to follow this  
Kobain

installing winXP, problem with raid SATA driver disk

I just started installing winXP and when I enter the diskette for the SATA RAID drivers it doesnt find anything usefull drivers to add....weird....I go copy the diskette to HD in another PC and then on to a brand new diskette and try the new one. This time it finds the drivers but as it is trying to install them it gives an error at some line...

I guess the original diskette is damaged and so the new diskette helped a bit but the fies copied to it are corrupt anyway...

Can anyone give me non-corrupt files to copy to the new diskette and go on with it plz?

I would appreciate a fast answer cause I am already in the middle of the installation and can't go on with it unless I get the SATA RAI drivers.

http://www.lanparty.com.tw/Support/Downloa...download_us.jsp

That might work. OOPS, NO it does not. Ypou will need to Hit DFI.tw from any link and hunt drivers for your board. ( I always use the ultra D but I think they are all pretty much interchangable in the LP nf4 series)

http://www.lanparty.com.tw/index_noflash.jsp works (then select reigon and drivers and your board and you should see somehtign like this.)

This is the top of the page as I see it.

dfitwpageone5xh.th.png

At the top of this (same) page is your Raid driver. I had to cut it in half.

dfitwpagetwo6jt.th.png

Dload, insert blank floppy run Program and it formats and adds drivers.

My second Raid Floppy was Bad and I had to go get one also to make raid work on this machine.

GL with it.

thanks, you have been very helpfull, I did it and recieved the same error on the new diskette....then I entered the original one and it worked....

God praise Microsoft....

Thanks a lot MS for the 3 hours I wasted.

I hope everything else goes fine with the installation.

Wish microsoft would get with times, I have not got a floppy drive so was fun installing XP.

Why not some generic CD drive or even a USB drive as laternatives.