New SLI-DR = 4 red leds of doom

Hi. I just received the equipment you see in my sig, and everytime I try to boot, I get a blank screen, and all 4 red diagnostic leds are lit. I have tried the 8 hour CMOS clear as described here, but it made no difference. It is as if the CPU isn't detected (I get the same result when the CPU is not inserted). I'm pretty sure the CPU is ok, because it was tested for DOA before I got it. Is there anything else I can try?

And yes, all 4 power connectors are safely secured to the motherboard.

Only an ATi Mach64 PCI card until I get the BFG 7800GTX tomorrow. But that shouldn't make a difference because I don't even have the video card plugged in when I'm trying to boot (I'll try with the video card plugged in if I get only 2 red leds). I only have the CPU + 1 stick of RAM as instructed in the "long CMOS clear" guide.

Hi there,

i have the same problem (4 red leds on...), but my equip is dfi lp ut nf4 ultra-d, 3200+ venice, and one stick of ram (corsair tccd)...

I'm thinking about bios not working with venice... and i don't have a winnie for test... t.t

ps: vga xfx6600gt.

ps2: mobo rev AB0.

i have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM.. except mine is more in depth of a problem...

and i am afrade to RMA something that isnt bad.

SLI-DR, Venice 3000+ (not sure if its dead), OCZ Gold Series Dual Channel 1 GB, eVGA gForce 6800GT.

i am still wondering what my problem is.

i am so lost! =[

also my board was recently RMAed... so how could my new board turn bad too?!

Update to 6/23 Bios, make Bios CD

You know, that's not as easy as it sounds, especially when the motherboard doesn't even detect a processor, let alone RAM, VGA or any other components.

Oh, and by the way, I've also tried booting without any RAM, with the same results.