JMC fan 0.85A connect to mainboard

zungkono

hello i have a 0.9A delta connected to the mobo and so far no problem. typical cpu fans are like 0.2-0.3 amps, chipset fan is about the same so as long as you are under 2.1 amps its fine. besides most fan (cpu/chipset) don't run at their full speed so its draw less amps than that so its ok.
It is NOT ok & it can damage/kill his mobo!
0.52A x 12V = 6.24watts on a fan header to a total max of 2.1 amps on all headers is 25.2 watts total for all fan headers.

RGone...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...58&postcount=12

No :shake:

david, can you explain me why its not good? as per rgone quote, the total amperage is less than the maximum of 2.1 amps on all headers so why no?

edit: ok i read the post and 0.52amps is the max on a single header. So no its not safe as per specification

I dont understand that either.

Dave your saying not to atach to the motherboard cpu fan pin header.

Is this for this motherboard? I always use the cpu fan header on my 745 nf3 motherboard with a panaflo on it with no problems.I thought that what it was for?

I dont understand that either.

Dave your saying not to atach to the motherboard cpu fan pin header.

Is this for this motherboard? I always use the cpu fan header on my 745 nf3 motherboard with a panaflo on it with no problems.I thought that what it was for?

I'm quoting RGone in saying that if your fan exceeds "0.52A x 12V = 6.24watts" do NOT attach it on a fan header.