JMC fan 0.85A connect to mainboard

zungkono

from 5 headers fan on mobo, I only use for chipset(stock) and cpu(that I want to add JMC Datech fan), I leave 3 of them empty. Is it still not recommended? So I use 0.85x12v=10.2w + chipset fan < 25.2 ?
Very NOT recommended! :shake:

Either get a fan controller or plug it directly in to the PSU like a drive.

thank you for your rec, so I will connect it to PSU directly. Maybe I can connect the sens wire separately to cpu fan?
Yes, attach the RPM sensor wire to the mobo header, so the mobo can read the fan's speed.

Attach the fan's power leads to the PSU using an 4-pin molex adaptor or a fan controller.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

Yes, attach the RPM sensor wire to the mobo header, so the mobo can read the fan's speed.

Attach the fan's power leads to the PSU using an 4-pin molex adaptor or a fan controller.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

@davidhammock200 : this fan have 3 pins two for power and another one for thermally control, can you tell me where I can connect this pin(to mobo)?

If I leave this pin unconnected the fan run slowly.

Help me please.

There are 4 fan headers, any should work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhammock200

Very NOT recommended! :shake:

Either get a fan controller or plug it directly in to the PSU like a drive.

But connected this pin to mobo very not recommended, don't you? Where can I plug this thermal control pin?

What is the exact fan model you have? :confused:

This model JMC/DATECH 9232-12HBTL-2 with 3 pins, from my searching there is thermistor(thermal sense) and from an email to manufacture the 3rd pin for lock rotor(I don't know what is it for)

hello i have a 0.9A delta connected to the mobo and so far no problem. typical cpu fans are like 0.2-0.3 amps, chipset fan is about the same so as long as you are under 2.1 amps its fine. besides most fan (cpu/chipset) don't run at their full speed so its draw less amps than that so its ok.