Smartguardian [DFI special]

what are good temps to run at?? i have nothing overclocked, but my chipset temp gets anywhere from 44 to 50c without a full load, and my LDT bus is a red 1.16v and my VBAT+3.0V is a red 3.1V

is this something to be concerned about or am i just being paraniod?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are good temps to run at?? i have nothing overclocked, but my chipset temp gets anywhere from 44 to 50c without a full load, and my LDT bus is a red 1.16v and my VBAT+3.0V is a red 3.1V

is this something to be concerned about or am i just being paraniod?

LDT bus 1.16v is fine

EDIT: Update 05/10/07 changed this to the correct Voltages!

Go to Option - Voltage - and disabled CHIPSET marking

Also for AGP +1.5V disabled the marking

This Smartguardian is basically for nF2 & nF3 and don't know the nF4 LDT Bus, so its complicated: This nF4 LDT Bus take the place of CHIPSET and the CHIPSET take the place of AGP +1.5V. :shake:

Pffff :mad: , it's time for a real update from ITE or DFI. :nod:

One ask: searxhing for a version compatible for X64, i fall on ITE Site on Raid driver.. Is a Smartguardian working on WIN64?

The last ITE official supported Smartguardian is for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME, about DFI Ihdoctor.zip = Smartguardian which support DFI boards it's no problem with nF3 and Windows XP (32b), but maybe we need to ask DFI (Angry_Games or RGone ....) for this question :confused:, AFAIK it's the same kind of IO.dll to communicate with the chip as MBM used.

See here for details ITE (chip) IT8712F EC-LPC I/O :

http://www.ite.com.tw/software_download/so...e_download2.asp

I have try install the standard version, non X64... The installation is made , just when i launch the soft, the message " File not found:itevio.dll. or this driver is installed on the program files "(x86)" .../ folder installed ITE Smartguard... I think it's just the soft need be "tweaked" for find this file it must search on the bad place... :D a little little little tweaks to do by conceptor....and it works.. a command line to change on software launch for find the files at good place....

( this remember me the Splinter Cell who lcheck the OS installed at launch and send a message at launch... the SP CT work only on Win XP Pro, home, Me 2000,98 etc... I have a MAC pehraps...,.... :shake: .)

Very nice work Joop. Thanks for all the effort. Kudos!

Thank you 'soundx98' for the compliment, also my honours for the great MBM modifications. Evidently i use it also. :nod:

Is it work for NF4 X-Al or NF4 Infinity?

Sorry, i'm not sure, usually the DFI 'Ihdoctor' = Smart Guardian is on your DFI CD! when not present? ask DFI for it!

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mailnew1.jsp...TYPE=US&SITE=US

At last it looks like the 'System board Layout' have the proper ITE IT8712 chip. (see POST #1)

And 'NF4X INFINITY Features' included:

Hardware Monitor

# Monitors CPU/system temperature

# Monitors 5V/12V/3.3V/5VSB/Vbat/Vcore voltages

# Monitors the speed of the cooling fans

# CPU Overheat Protection function monitors CPU temperature during system boot-up

Maybe it is in the BIOS only?, but again ask DFI!

Btw, when you get the answer, can you please let use know? :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=5533&stc=1&d=1164653164

Is there any way to configure the 3.3 rail like you can with the 12v and 5v? I got those working precisely (verified with multimeter on atx connector) but my 3.3 is woefully inaccurate

Unfortunately, I have not found at the moment a way to compensate the 3.3 rail.

Working at the moment at a 'smart.ini' update for the DFI LP nF4:

Main screen

LDT Bus

CHIPSET

Option - Voltage

Correct 'Data field' voltages & warning with added remarks for:

1) LDT Bus 1.20V [Data field]

2) CHIPSET 1.60V [Data field]

3) DRAM x.xxV [Data field] remarks for example BH-5

and more minor changes.

• 4 weeks later...
I have try install the standard version, non X64... The installation is made , just when i launch the soft, the message " File not found:itevio.dll. or this driver is installed on the program files "(x86)" .../ folder installed ITE Smartguard... I think it's just the soft need be "tweaked" for find this file it must search on the bad place... :D a little little little tweaks to do by conceptor....and it works.. a command line to change on software launch for find the files at good place....

( this remember me the Splinter Cell who lcheck the OS installed at launch and send a message at launch... the SP CT work only on Win XP Pro, home, Me 2000,98 etc... I have a MAC pehraps...,.... :shake: .)

Please tell me what exactly I have to do to get it to work!