Fitting the Case? Temjin TJ06

:rolleyes:

Wow... the CpU sits a bit too far 'north' or up from the lower edge for the tunnel to fit over it. Anyone shoehorn this board into a Temjin TJ06 with good results (Ive used it on an Abit board, very cool temps)...

Thanks....

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Did you not like the case due to your board in particular or the layout and function of the Silverstone?

I've put together three of these and they seem well made and pretty good at cooling.

My equipement is so old I forget what it is so have a short sig.

Seems to work well the DFI NF2 boards but obviously some issues with the DFI NF4 Ultra-D. (Karajan module will be a hassle as well.) I'll probably give it a try with one of expert boards if they ever are indeed released.

Parts quality and fit and finish are excellent although the quick connect for the PCI cards has never impressed me on any case I've seen. There was a huge heat buildup right below the HDD cage and that's why I added another fan. Very little room to the closed side of the case if you are using the standard SATA connectors on the HDDs. I also liked it better after replacing the supplied fans.

A lot of the heat will depend on how much voltage you are giving the processor, the physical size of the CPU HSF, and how close the rear is placed to the wall (too close will really decrease the "wind tunnel" effect). Not all PSUs have enough ATX cable length to make it clean looking.

I have to admit that I am continually impressed by the older Chieftec Dragon/Antec/Aspire/Thermaltake design. Yes the dual 80mm intake and dual 80mm exhaust fans are noisier/whinier than 120mm but the case has excellent air flow with good cable management and component layout. Nice and roomy and easy to work in even though it lacks a removeable motherboard tray. Just seems to be a hale of a good buy for the price.

Just my thoughts and of course YMMV due to component choices and layout.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/pa...E&CMP=KNC-GOOGL

hey guys,

I was thinking of getting this case as well. But as i read and saw more pics of this case, i realised that i needed a power supply with LONG cables. Do you think my power supply has enough length?

Thanks

I can recommand it. I have had a nf4 ultra-d (and now a sli model), and have had 2 different power supplies in my case. Both powercables were long enough; no problem.

As for the windtunnel effect. Before the dfi i had a asus a8v, which fitted perfectly with the windtunnel. However, the windtunnel did not cool much better (fans: 120 mm in, 80 mm in, 120 mm out), so i decide to remove it.

With the hard drives: soundx98 is right. However, my enermax has a intake fan which is directly above the hd's, so they are quite cool.