Help me solve this cause I don't want to replace DFI with an Abit or s

Guest Spartacus

>>3) I had the firewall installed but its disabled

No, uninstall it. We've run into this before where people have said it's disabled, but their problem was not resolved until they uninstalled the Nvidia network stuff. Granted, their issue was usually something network related, but still, best to uninstall it. OTOH, seeing as WOW does depend on network I/O, maybe it could have an effect on the problem. Try it.

In general, strip out anything you don't need.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to do a format and install everything from scratch in hope that maybe this is a driver issue.

Before I do it, can you tell me which versions of the drivers to install and in which order?

For example :

1) nvidia drivers 6.xx WITHOUT IDE drivers and firewall

2) nvidia vga drivers 80.20

3) DirectX 9.0C

4) ....

Just to make sure everything is done as correct as it can be...

And also, I got the CD of WinXP with SP1, is it sufficient or should I download WinXP with SP2? (this would be kind of a pain to find and would stall me down a lot...)

the above thread states not to install the nvidia IDE drivers unless you have raid. Well, I got 2 raptors in a raid-0 array, should I install them or not? (according to the guyde I should, but someone above said not to)

Also, should I go for the last versions of drivers for nforce4 and the VGA, or are there some that are known to be best?

Hold on to the power supply Kobain. There are way too many of us running the Fortron Blue Storm in single card systems without problems.

Have you actually looked in Event Viewer to see if there is an event that corresponds to your system hang problem?

Event Viewer is one of the most overlooked tools available for trouble shooting. I get called in behind other service providers all the time to resolve tough problems. Most times a simple peek at Event Viewer points me in the right direction.

It's a shame you're having a problem but you should be logical and thorough about trying to resolve it.

Kobain

I would look at your power supply. Altho its rated at 500w its true operating is 440w. You may be under powering your system. The SLi boards need heaps of power to properly run them. :nod:

Guest Spartacus
the above thread states not to install the nvidia IDE drivers unless you have raid. Well, I got 2 raptors in a raid-0 array, should I install them or not? (according to the guyde I should, but someone above said not to)

Also, should I go for the last versions of drivers for nforce4 and the VGA, or are there some that are known to be best?

Are the Raptors SATA or IDE?

If they are SATA drives, you definately don't need the Nvidia IDE controller drivers. If they are IDE then maybe somebody else could chime in with that answer.

I formated and reinstalled the bare essentials (chipset-vga drivers and WoW) and started gaming in hope that it owuld be fixed....

To my disappointment, after a few hours I had a freeze....but this time it never came back to life....and the mouse pointer was not frozen....I waited for more than 1 minute....it never came back, but it didnt seem like a hard freeze, the mouse could move and when I used alt-tab / ctrl+alt+del , it wouldnt go to windows but the mouse pointer would change from the wow one to then winxp one....

So here I go again, with a different and even more annoying problem this time....I think I am plagued....

Kobian,

"300 x 9" is way too high to trouble shoot your system. Set FSB back to 200 x 9 and see what happens. Also set ram timings down to default to get your system running again. Not too many Venice 3000+ CPUs will run at 2.7ghz without chilling.