why after OC DDR400 becomes DDR333

TheHolyLancer

?? wassup? i mean aftrer i used a divider to get to higher clocks it says DDR333 while i made sure that the speed of the ram is 200 (DDR400), is this normal or its running at a faster speed while showing a lower speed?

It's normal for the BIOS to report it as running at ddr333 when you are on a divider. I assume you are using a 5/6 divider which would make it ddr333. Since you are overclocking your memory still might be clocked higher than 333.

If u had ddr400 memory runing 1:1 with a fsb of 210 i would be at ddr420 but the BIOS would still read it as 400.

I advise you to get CPU-Z or Everest to give you a readout within windows of what your memory is actually clocked at.

Don't know much about the guts of the BIOS code, is there maybe a chance they'll ever change this to report the actual clock rate of the memory?

It's not reporting the actual memory clock, it's reporting the divider speed..

I know what you mean though, would be nice to see the "true" clock.

Yup. And why do I need to see my divider speed every time I boot...when what I really care about is the stuff's actual resultant clock rate. Which I have to use CPU-Z to see. So Oskar, if you're out there somewhere listening...please? Make it work?