Sign in to follow this  
ClowReed

DXG does matter in the perfomance?

Hi everybody, i'm new here and searched in everywhere for this question without answer.

Well, i'm almost buying a LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D and i wanna know if the DXG works on ATI cards and if it affect the perfomance using two of them in DXG mode.

The specs of the future platform:

DFI LanParty UT Nf4 Ultra-D

MSI ATi X800 XL 256 (or something like that)

Athlon 64 3.0 Venice Core

Geil Platinum Dual 1gb

It will works perfectly if it's with ATI? Even in DXG mode? The 4 monitors doesnt interest me, i need perfomance! :D

PS.: Dont say to me to buy a Nvidia card, cause i won't, i love ATI's, sorry :drool:

Thx everybody! :nod:

Guest culinist

Why don't you throw those possible specs in a temporary signiture so in case this thread get's big, folks won't have to keep scolling back to see 'em.

Thanks

you won't got any extra performance out of DXG (DXG is basically SLI but one card runs at PCIE 2x instead of 8x). ATI cards have no capability onboard to do it (thats what the 'crossfire' master card will do whenever that comes along). If you want SLI nvidia is the only way atm until crossfire is out, and if you want crosfire you'll need a crossfire mobo to.

Guest OCNoob

Dual eXpress Graphics is just the option of running two PCIe x16 graphics cards at the same time for quad-monitor operation. This is in no way like SLI except for the fact that you're running two graphics cards. So techinically, ATI cards are capable of DXG.

Actually it is quite like SLI - assuming you use a SLI bridge (except that SLI functionality its blocked by newer nvidia drivers now). Besides his first post said he's wanting extra performance, which isn't going to happen. It's still going to be one ATI video card doing the work in games and the other sitting there bored.

a slightly detailed explenation of DXG:

http://www.cpluse.com/Module/Show.aspx?ID=1333

Actually it is quite like SLI - assuming you use a SLI bridge (except that SLI functionality its blocked by newer nvidia drivers now). Besides his first post said he's wanting extra performance, which isn't going to happen. It's still going to be one ATI video card doing the work in games and the other sitting there bored.

a slightly detailed explenation of DXG:

http://www.cpluse.com/Module/Show.aspx?ID=1333

Hmmm dont think so, ati are not SLi cards anyway so SLi bridge dont come into it, the benifit of running two cards is to have ur desk top spread over 4 monitors, or get a super duper wide screen res playing games etc, you will not get the 3D mark score any where near that of SLi which shares the work load of 3D gaming

making light work of BF2 doom etc, as for the one card doing nothing in DGX ???

do your home work, ive seen these setup with 4 monitors!

you won't got any extra performance out of DXG (DXG is basically SLI but one card runs at PCIE 2x instead of 8x). ATI cards have no capability onboard to do it (thats what the 'crossfire' master card will do whenever that comes along). If you want SLI nvidia is the only way atm until crossfire is out, and if you want crosfire you'll need a crossfire mobo to.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

both run @ X16 would you like the manual? oh you have it dont ya, page 19 you need to read! :shake: :nod: :D

@-CsA-TAZ ur trippin bro. the way it works is if in non- sli mode, the top slot is 16x and the bottom is 2x. when the jumpers are enabled, both are in 8x mode. YOU need to read.

If you mod to sli from the ultra you can actually run sli in 16x/2x instead of 8x/8x without the sli bridge BUT you need to do the hard mod AND u need the same type vid card

Hmmm dont think so, ati are not SLi cards anyway so SLi bridge dont come into it, the benifit of running two cards is to have ur desk top spread over 4 monitors, or get a super duper wide screen res playing games etc, you will not get the 3D mark score any where near that of SLi which shares the work load of 3D gaming

making light work of BF2 doom etc, as for the one card doing nothing in DGX ???

do your home work, ive seen these setup with 4 monitors!

Reed my post a little more carefully. he's not after 4 moniters, but extra performance (i'm assuming some sought of SLI hack for ATI that aint gonna happen)

it will works perfectly if it's with ATI? Even in DXG mode? The 4 monitors doesnt interest me, i need perfomance!

If you mod to sli from the ultra you can actually run sli in 16x/2x instead of 8x/8x without the sli bridge BUT you need to do the hard mod AND u need the same type vid card

16/2 SLI without an SLI bridge.. you sure? if it is thats well interesting :D (considering how hard sli bridges are to buy on their own)