Sign in to follow this  
ice799

Linux, FreeBSD support?

I am considering purchasing the DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR motherboard and I was curious as to current Linux and FreeBSD support for these boards...

Has anyone used linux or BSD with success?

Is the hardware controller supported?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

I don't know about FreeBSD, but the latest releases of most Linux distributions should work without a problem.

The onboard IDE and SATA work, the onboard Nvidia ethernet works, but the driver was buggy last time I tried it.

I am considering purchasing the DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR motherboard and I was curious as to current Linux and FreeBSD support for these boards...

Has anyone used linux or BSD with success?

Is the hardware controller supported?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

I have a 4400 X2 CPU on my motherboard, and was able to get CentOS 4.1 to boot correctly doing a SMP kernel. I loaded up the NVidia proprietary drivers and X windows screams! GLXgears looked like I was in the starship enterprise going to warp 8. I did not do any raid stuff though I am familiar with it on linux. I have not done any SLI stuff either. Hope you have a successful linux experience.

Dylan

works fine under linux the only thing that dosent work is the nvidia hardware raid. You can do a software raid setup in linux but it just doesn't recognize the hardware raid setup options specifed in the nvraid utility.