Sign in to follow this  
waiho2k1

Problem to get HTT above 290MHz

Hi all, I've just build a new system, details are in my sig. But sadly I found a problem that I cannot get the HTT to above 290MHz... The story is that I tried 260X10 before, primed no problem for whole day. So I decided to push it to higher HTT, 300X8. SuperPi 1M failed... Changed the ratio from 200 (1:1 ratio) to 183, no go. I tried 285X9, stable for prime again (at 1:1 ratio). Then I test for another hour, and find out 290 is the max stable HTT!!!!! :rolleyes:

What can I do to push it? By the way, I keep the overall HTT within 1000MHz.

Lower DRAM data drive setting..Also what voltage is the ram at and what timings ? ?

I've tried 2.8V, no go, don't wanna to give it too much juice

Timing is 2.5-3-3-7. I've tried 2.5-4-4-8, still cannot gain any stability

Remember that high HTT requires certain memory timings to be lossened, EVEN when you are using a divider and the same memory Mhz/timings. The MAX ASYNC and READ PREAMBLE entries need loosening. Try loosening to 10.0ns/normal/7.5ns

and see if suddenly higher HTT behaves correctly. Try and stick HTT multiplier to 250Mhz x3-4 up to 300+ x3. Dont push the ultimate datarate over 2000Mhz on the HTT bus. ex:250Mhz x4 (x2 as its a DDR bus) = 2000.

hehe, just tested and it's the LE which cannot handle the high frequency..... after changing to LA, I can get 295 not at 1:1. Will try higher later :shake: Thanks for u guys' help~

Time to edit my sig now :nod:

Remember that high HTT requires certain memory timings to be lossened, EVEN when you are using a divider and the same memory Mhz/timings. The MAX ASYNC and READ PREAMBLE entries need loosening. Try loosening to 10.0ns/normal/7.5ns

and see if suddenly higher HTT behaves correctly. Try and stick HTT multiplier to 250Mhz x3-4 up to 300+ x3. Dont push the ultimate datarate over 2000Mhz on the HTT bus. ex:250Mhz x4 (x2 as its a DDR bus) = 2000.

Hi uwackme.

I noticed in your signature you have a DFI Infinity motherboard. Does the Infinity BIOS allow the adjustment of the MAX ASYNC and READ PREAMBLE entries? I've read that the LanParty BIOS has more memory timing settings than the Infinity motherboard BIOS.

I've been trying to decide on either the LanParty UT 250gb or the new NF4 4X Infinity. In both cases, I'll be running memory at stock speed but overclocking the cpu. If the Infinity memory timing adjustments are sufficient to allow an overclocked cpu but stock speed memory, that would be a plus for the NF4 4X.

Also, just out of curiosity, which 2600+ cpu are you running at 250 x 10, 1.85core in the DFI Infinity motherboard?

its gskill. its tccd

Just do the classic 2.5-4-3-7 timing.

or what i do. set those timings. set everything else onto auto

crank it to 300*8 raise cpu voltage slightly. and make your ram exactly 2.8

then if it boots. go from there. OR the slick way to find your cpu max

DL clockgen for your board, set timings and auto. leave fsb at 200. go into windows and use CG to find your cpu max.

tcc_ does not like high voltages

That was a good tip. Helped me get past a hurdle I had. :D