Sign in to follow this  
speedy0379

Creative SB XFI worth upgrading?

I need a soundcard and it looks like people are buying XFI stuffs alot nowadays.

I am looking at Fatal1ity XFI and XtremeMusic versions.

How much of sound quality/performance differences are there between these 2 different XFI cards when gaming/movie/MP3?

Price difference is quite big between the two but I want to get some feedbacks from the people who have them already.

Thanks people.

Friend of mine has both versions. The Fatal1ity version sounds the same as the XtremeMusic version. The Fatal1ity does give you about 3-5 fps in some games. But certainly not worth the extra $$ for it. Oh and if you don't have a good set of speakers then don't bother with either of them.

I need a soundcard and it looks like people are buying XFI stuffs alot nowadays.

I am looking at Fatal1ity XFI and XtremeMusic versions.

How much of sound quality/performance differences are there between these 2 different XFI cards when gaming/movie/MP3?

Price difference is quite big between the two but I want to get some feedbacks from the people who have them already.

Thanks people.

Hands down the sound quality is next to amazing. Just be aware of the problems that you may/or may not have with the extreme music with an nf4 board. I have had mixed results with my xtreme music and the NF4 problem, But the sound quality is absolutely amazing.