Shipping BIOS ver/date ?

Hi,

I made the mistake of not writing down the date of what BIOS was on my stock board, and several BIOS flashes later I want to use the BIOS that it shipped with (more stable with my memory).

Any guesses on the BIOS rev/date that would of shipped out of a fairly new stocked board (Newegg - bought this month)?

Here's all the hints I have that might help: the stock BIOS had DRAM Data Drive Strength at _Level 4_ for optimized defaults (with levels 1-3 as other options), the newer BIOSs have Level 4 as an option removed, set Auto for optimized, and have levels 1-3 as options.

Flashing to the latest 06/23/05 results in a lot of instability, so I flashed back to one on the webpage listed 01/25/05. I regained Level 4 Drive Data Strength and better stability (no more crashing every 5 minutes), but I swear I cannot find the memtest option anywhere in the settings. I am going to try the 03/10/05 version if I confirm that I am not insane and the memtest setting isn't there. The stability issues are largely better, but don't seem quite as good as the stock BIOS was.

Thanks for any guesses/hints/help. Next time I'm writing down BIOS dates. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, you nailed it. That's the right BIOS and it is the most stable when overclocking with varying sticks of Geil TCCD RAM (have several different PC500 kinds, paired 512MB sticks).

I don't know if they made Data Drive Strength 4 as the default/auto with the later BIOS's or just plain removed it, but w/o that RAM option I have a great deal more instability on the memory side of things.

Just a tip/pointer for anyone who is playing around w/ different BIOS dates and notices a wide variance in stability in the 3/10-3 compared to others.

I've recently switched to some Patriot TCCD paired sticks and am reevaluating stability with later BIOS dates.