Creative X-FI Problems

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i first built my pc it would boot itno windows and everything fine. But the volume was always very low. ( ultra d/xtreme music) Since my motherboard/ram went bad and i ordered new ones, everything has worked perfectly. I'm currently using the 623 bios too. I guess only some of the boards have a problem with the sound card for some strange reason.

Word is the lastest ones out on the shelves have the fixed firmware. I might pick one up tomorrow and give it a shot.

Where did you hear this? I just went and read through the thread on Creative and didn't see any indication of it. If Creative tech support told you this, I might go see if I can find a new one - not the one I returned lol - at Best Buy. :)

And has anyone with Win x64 gotten this thing to work properly? Mine is installed on Win x64, and I have no sound at all, using the install disk.

According to the following thread people are able to get it to work by using the Windows Vista beta drivers.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...essage.id=37654

Here is the suggested process:

Download the Vista drivers from Creative's site

Using WinRAR (or a substitute) extract the contents of that file to a directory

In that directory, is a subdirectory called Drivers

In Drivers, run Setup.exe

Let it do its thing, and you should have sound before even restarting, but restart anyway for good measure

Insert the X-Fi installation CD, select the usual components

In the second part of setup where you can choose between Full, Typical, and Custom, choose Custom, and choose whatever you want (probably all of it) but uncheck the Audio Drivers option.

And you're done!

I haven't tried this myself since I am still on Win XP SP2, but others have had success with it. A good site for info on Windows XP64 is the following:

http://www.planetamd64.com/

Check out their forums it is full of info on drivers, game issues everything you could think of.

Hope it helps!!!

I bought one yesterday and kept my fingers crossed the whole time but didn't have any issues either WinXP(32) Sp2

I unistalled the old audigy card by unistalling all the apps it installed then ran driver cleaner pro on it. Downloaded the latest Creative Labs drivers shut the computer down took out the old card installed the new card rebooted ran the new driver exe rebooted then did a custom install but did not load the old drivers. Rebooted and all is well. Im using the 623 bios.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my card back from RMA and it works with NF4X now without getting those annoying Unknown PCI devices. I'm still trying to figure out why my CPU utilization is so high with CMSS-3DHeadphone/127 buffers on even with the latest drivers, but at least I have a working card now.

• 3 weeks later...

having problems with my new xfi em as well, updated the bios to 623-3, my geforce drivers and the new drivers off the creative website. had to move my geforce up a pci-e slot to get it to boot at all. so now i'm in windows, sound seems to be working however i keep getting an "current selected audio device is not supported by the application" when i try to use the apps that came with it and the list it gives me only has "windows default" as a choice. im thinking im missing a driver or somthing oh well atleast its not crashing on me now.

ps. 1 red led comes on when i boot on the mobo, does this mean a conflict? lost manual.

all i can remember, lost papers in fire.

dfi lanparty n4 mobo 1g ram, 2 sata hdrives, athlon64

8)

I just received a X-Fi XtremeMusic tonight and the box says that it is Revision C and the the serial number starts out M1SB0460537......Is there any way to know if my card came flashed with the bios with the workaround for NForce4 motherboards?