Creative X-FI Problems

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did update and I did even try the beta out, nothing nada.... Thx for the suggestion. Anyway looking at your system you have almost nothing to clog the PCI bus so your X-FI can hog the bus as much as it pleases... What boggles me is that it used to run, give or take a few pops and crackles during shutdown and boot time. Now I can't figure out what's wrong with it. And it does follow a pattern, like crackling more when accesing the ide controller (dvd and 1 hdd)... anyway I guess this is a dead end and I should just queue up along the people waiting for Creative or someone to notice us standing there waiting for a fix or I could just build a new computer with absolutely no peripherials, just the X-FI :eek2: (joking of course, maybe a bit sarcastic)

Considering I haven't touched it when it switched from functional to crackling I don't think that would do much good, plus it's a total pain to remove it from this case because of the plastic clips which I had completely removed and replaced after the card was in the slot... the card seems to abide by some very particular standards that only God and Creative seem to understand anymore even concerning its size specs :). Nevertheless it probably wouldn't hurt... Creative should be releasing new drivers this month (so they say) if that doesn't change it I will do a complete system reinstall and hope I get it to the original working state. Thx anyway :) I hope you will not find yourself in the position I found myself when my card was 100 % functional and I was reading all these people's complaints over the creative forums and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about, considering myself lucky I had the right combination that prevented the particular crackling occurance.... :) until now...

My x-fi is working fine. Except the newest creative drivers were giving me BSOD's so you might wanna stere clear of those. To those who are considering buying one, they sound great, but the opping is just a risk you will have to take. I suggest buying yours at a place thats very good on returns.

-BFG