Sign in to follow this  
piotrgurin

Booting past first screen prob.

Raising the memory voltage to 2.8V didn't help. Here are pictures of my boot screens (when it DOESN'T hang):

boot-1.jpg

boot-2.jpg

See anything there that could explain my problem?

I have the same problem, same CPU and 2x1GB of Ballistix RAM. I do need to bump up the RAM voltage though to fix a memtest error that I think is caused by that being too low, so I'll have to see if that fixes it....

chrism778, you should be able to run you ram at 1T, 2x1gb

Now piotrgurin is using 4X512. He has a "winnie" cpu. So I the best he can do is 333mhz at 2T. This is controlled by the CPU.

HEY! who you calling a winnie.....!!! heheh

Now on a serious note, it seems like alot of people have the same problem as me. some of u guys are alot more screwed up, but a few of you have the exact same startup boot hang like me.

Now where is my messiah?

Ok, Just for grins and giggles try 2 sticks in dimm slots 2 and 4. See what happens. (I know you want to use all 4 sticks) This is just trouble shooting.

I have the same problem, same CPU and 2x1GB of Ballistix RAM. I do need to bump up the RAM voltage though to fix a memtest error that I think is caused by that being too low, so I'll have to see if that fixes it....

yes i have had this prob to, i increased the voltage to 2.8 2.9 and it worked fine but change my ram this week and updated the Bios and everything is a default values and working fine, good luck and dont give up! :nod:

yes i have had this prob to, i increased the voltage to 2.8 2.9 and it worked fine but change my ram this week and updated the Bios and everything is a default values and working fine, good luck and dont give up! :nod:

-CsA-TAZ,

Exactly what problem were you having? piotrqurin and I simply have a hangup at bootup that requires us to hit the reset button and then all is fine.

I'm wondering if I should try a new BIOS. I'm using 623-3 I believe.

Do you have any USB drives connected to your computer (maybe as part of another device)? I removed one I had and for now, the bootup hang seems to have gone away. Of course, it was hanging before even without the USB drive connected, so who knows.

BTW, I still have a USB mouse and keyboard connected. Also, I've overclocked my FSB and CPU and upped the voltage on the CPU to 1.475V, so maybe that helped.

@piotrgurin,

Set the bios up like this and see if it helps :)

In Genie Bios

auto

16 16

auto

disable

1.450v

1.300v

above VID 110%

1.30v

1.60v

2.6V - 2.7V

+0.3 if not 3.2V = enabled