Sign in to follow this  
piotrgurin

Booting past first screen prob.

Have you tried clearing cmos? What is your dram voltage set to? Other then 623-3 and 310, what other bios ver have you tried? As to your PSU, there is a known issue with them and dfi nf4 boards. Currently being worked by A_G and seasonic.

Have you tried clearing cmos? What is your dram voltage set to? Other then 623-3 and 310, what other bios ver have you tried? As to your PSU, there is a known issue with them and dfi nf4 boards. Currently being worked by A_G and seasonic.

I think the bios version on my new PC is 6.00 PG and the date of the bios is 6/23/2005. However, it looks like the date on the 623-3 bin file is also 6/23/2005. What version do I have?

Is it safe to use the WinFlash utility for upgrading BIOS? I don't have a floppy drive in my new machine, so I can't easily use a floppy.

One thing I want to make clear is that this hang ONLY happens when booting up the system. As long as I hit the reset button when it hangs, it boots up fine. After I'm in Windows I have no problems. In fact I've played a few games, ran a few benchmarks, left the machine on all night, and haven't had any problems. It's just irritating to have to watch my machine hang on bootup and then hit the reset button every time.

One thing I want to make clear is that this hang ONLY happens when booting up the system. As long as I hit the reset button when it hangs, it boots up fine. After I'm in Windows I have no problems. In fact I've played a few games, ran a few benchmarks, left the machine on all night, and haven't had any problems. It's just irritating to have to watch my machine hang on bootup and then hit the reset button every time.

Yep , Same here.

Any1 else?

when you can get into BIOS, try upping the vdimm to the next level. I had the same problem and after I gave the RAM more voltage it started fine and stable after that. I should add that I never got the system to boot normally past the first startup, then it would freeze and I would have to clear the CMOS to get to it again. But after the vdimm increase the system started fine.

I had the exact same problem, i solved it when switching out my Corsair 3200 memory for Gskill 4400.

Mine also seems to boot up, display the video card information, then reboot and from that moment on, runs fine most of the time. It occaisionaly needs a reset to get through post.

Okay i tried upping the voltage from 2.6 to 2.8 for the ram and it didn't help.

I also tried adding more juice to the other parts. nada.

Did adding more voltage help any of you other guys?

Ok, There is a known issue with your PSU (Seasonic) and these boards. It is currently being worked by A_G and Seasonic. That said have you tried with just 2 sticks of ram? One sitck in dimm slot 2? What bios are you currently flashed to? 6.00PG is the version of the bios program these boards use. Not the bios ver you are flashed to. Have you run memtest on each stick of ram?

I'm having the exact same problem. Mine hangs during bootup everytime unless I hit the reset key. It hangs when I power up or when I reboot Windows.

I have a different PSU than piotrgurin, so I wonder if that's really the cause?

Okay you guys really have to start reading the whole thread.

Once again, its definatly not the psu thats causing the problem.

Also i listed my bios version on page 1. Once again its 3/10 at the moment.

I've ran memtest overnight no problems.

Haven't tried jsut 2 sticks of ram, but why would i do that when i bought 2 gigs.