Sign in to follow this  
Hans

Newby says ' hi '

Hey all,

a little pissed right now (that's drunk for you US guys :) ) Have been foolin with the setup. Verry impressed ! Are running 290 fsb (2.610g) with everything stock standard ( no over voltage ) and is fine so far. Ran the memory test and pc mark. will now download a better system tester to make sure. Had no problems with anything except the bios loader that runs from windows. f'd up. Ran award flash after and was ok. running 704-2bta bios now. is good.

Thanks for the advise before. will keep u updated.

Paul

BTW got a OCZ poerstream 520w psu as my old one was only 450w. Works great!

Haha.. I read your first couple words and was like "Oh no what now.."..lol

Glad your happy with it.. Just take your time and get to know the mobo.. :)

welcome just dont panic stay clum and have fun ..if you cant have fun then have fun anyways :nod:

Ok have found Prime95. Will try that overnight (for 6 hrs anyway ) let u know how I go.

Later

Paul

Hey all,

I'm about done with tinkering now. Am waiting on an extra 1g of ram and a couple of 250g SATAII 16m WD drives (to raid). Have gone WAAAY over budget on this upgrade. But am having so much fun... it's worth it.

Have got the system to 2850 with a 300 FSB. Ram is cruising at 1:1

These DFI boards are excellent. I wasn't sure what to get initially. Didn't go into it a lot beforehand. And after looking at some of the problems some people have been having here with bios etc. thought ' Maybe I've made a mistake here '. But I can tell you now I couldn't be happier. The only slight dissapointment has been the vid card (XFX 7800 GTX). I would have liked to get a bit more out of that. Perhaps some active cooling ( I have a couple of peltiers left over from a previous system ) would help. We'll see.

The OCZ PSU is rock solid as well. I highly reccomend this supply to people with similar systems.

One quick question. My LDT is at 1800. this is as close as I can get to 2000 without going over. Will this lower value have much of an effect on performance? I guess the available multipliers are defined in the bios. There is only x3 (1800) or x4(2400) available at the moment. 3.5 would be nice. 2100 isn't too far over the ideal 2000 is it??

Paul