Speaker Recommendations please

Vektor

I'm about to buy speakers and it seems as if it's down to three, Creative's S750 Gigaworks 7.1 or 5.1 , Klipsch's Promedia 5.1 or Logitech's Z-5500. I've read numerous reviews on each and they all have thier detractors and thier supporters.

The Two way sattelites of klipsch's and creatives offerings to me seem to be a no brainer however 99% of the reviews I've read on the logitech claim the sattelites are suprisingly good.

The Klipsch seem excellent especially thier huge sub cabinet except for thier tendancy to die either on delivery or exactly at the two year warranty mark.

The logitech's massive 10" sub seems appealing although 'm not much into hip hop and don't really need overwhelming bass and they seem to offer terrible support after purchase, if something should go wrong.And thier digital decoder would be redundant for me (I think)

Creative's seem to be a great choice (and are they way I'm leaning today) but they are almost prohibitively certainly very highly priced and perhaps overkill.

If more places carried the creative 5.1 S700 gigawaorks at a decent price break My decision would probably already be made. Thanks for reading all of this and thanks for any input or suggestions you willing to share they are very much appreciated.

Get the logitech z-5500 i was in the same position and they rule i can not believe how amazing they sound. Logitech support is fine and i would go for them to be honest. Better sounding, nicer looks etc and cheaper

Here's a set from a little-known but excellent manufacturer of high-end multimedia speakers in about the same price range you are looking at:

http://www.midiland.com/proddetail.asp?lin...er=57&category=

I know that from the specs they look puny compared to the Logi's and klipsch's but watts is only half the story. They probably sound better than either of the other two. I have the original S4 8200's (ver. 1, have had them for about 6 years) and I love them. I can only imagine how good the version 2.0's sound with the improved decoder.

Thanks for the reply , Yeah I've never heard of them but they look great !! The wattage does make me a bit nervous but quality over quantity certainly I wish I could hear them first , or that there was a singlr review to read the reviews on thier website are all for the old set which you own and all go to dead links... Something els to consider certainly thanks again for taking the time to respond. , Vektor