Boots fine, no windows

Ok, so I got tired of messing with my NF3 Ultra (the one everyone quit sellin) and decided to get rid of it, so I went ahead and ordered the UT nf4-d and an XFX 7800gt. Well, I had it all set up, ready to go, when I realized my psu was only 20 pin. So I went to staples and picked up the antec smart 500 watt psu. Installed, everything plugged in, ready to go. Boots up, no problem. Activate SATA raid in bios, still no problem. Haven't had any problems with posting at ALL (unlike nf3). So wait for it to go into windows. It doesn't, it restarts. Hmmm... Ok, so I move memory around, try some other sticks I have, still doesn't go into windows. Move the vid card to the bottom PCI-E slot. Still nothing. I can see microsoft down in the bottom corner right before it restarts. Thought maybe it was the sata or raid, so I put in a different hard drive and tried to install windows on it. Seems to load all the files fine, but after restart, says there's an error in setup files or something and can't go into windows. Oh, I also flashed it to the 623 or whatever bios on dfi's site. I can't figure out for the life of me what it would be. Won't go in safe mode or normal mode or last good config that worked. Plz help.

Sounds like a ram issue to me, it happens to me when I'm playing with ram timing, it boots but then it won't go into windows just reboots again, so I have to go into bios and relax the ram.

when you tried to installed windows seems to be corrupted, and I think that's a sign of ram errors, I would run memtest make sure your ram is fine. try one stick at a time maybe?

good luck

I had similar problems. Did you run new drivers for the board in Windows? I had that problem but it would just sit there and laught at rolling windows page. Here is how I solved it...I hit F8 while windows was running and went to Last Known Good Configuration and got back in. Not sure why but when I try and install new drivers I run into hangs with this board. I hope it is not indicative of a bad mobo or this will be the last from DFI unfortunately.

a_k, man make a signture that looks and is as specific about your setup as this illustration is shown below.

ILLUSTRATIVE SYSTEM SPECs

DFI XXXXX Motherboard

Bios AN81D107 01/07/04

Fortron 530WATT PowerSupply

3200XP+ Stock speed

2x256MB Corsair PC3200C2 Rev1.1

512MB Corsair PC3200C2 Rev5.1

120G Maxtor,160G Seagate

200G Western Digital

Sony DVD±R ±RW Burner

Pioneer 16X DVDrom

Promise Ultra 133TX2 IDE Contoller

BBI 9800 Pro 128MB

Audigy II

D-Link F5D5000 10/100 NIC

Windows XP Pro SP 2

Nvidia 5.03 chipset drivers + Omega 2.5.97 Radeon drivers.

I am looking to see what drives you have because I see no reason to enable raid and yet you have and apparently the drive you are trying to use has the O/s on it from another computer and that often leaves one dead in the water after a boot or so and more so if you turn on raid and there is none. Just strange what you did and need parts and pieces list to determine what is going on.

RGone... :confused: :dog:

I activated sata raid because I have an sata raid setup. 2 WD's. I'll post specifics tomorrow, going to bed. It's not the hard drives, though, cause I tried an ide clean windows install and it wouldn't work. Gonna talk to dfi tomorrow. Hopefully I don't have to rma it, cause I hate messing with mobo installations.

Alright, so I switched my Dvd burner over to secondary IDE and put a different hard drive in primary IDE. Somehow I screwed up my boot cfg or something for my raid drives though. So I got windows installed, up, and running fine, nvidia raid sees my stripe just fine and computer management sees the drive as 150 gigs, but in windows it only shows 10 megs and none of my files are there. Is there something else I need to install, some driver or something to get my files off my raid?

Edit: gonna try installing service pack 2, only have sp1 in right now. Maybe that has a fix.