Sign in to follow this  
masterblast27

3 reds and pwr led blinks

there is no way to tell... how do we know? you will just have to troubleshoot to see. we will be here to help so dont worry :)

??

4 lights =system start up

3 lights = CPU detected

2 lights = DRAM detected

1 lights = VGA detected

0 lights = BOOT UP!

is how we no!

With that PSU, I would wait. Just cannot rule it out as being the issue. At the very least it is part of the issue.

U does need more power anyway M8 480 should be fine if not running 2 G-cards

Ok here is where the problem tends so lie with all these situations. Poor information and surmising of facts over what the real users find in the real world. And none of these guys that have helped you up until now get any pay or glory other than they are helpers. Stop and think and help them to help you all they can

:shake: guess i should have read all the posts B4 putting mt 2 bobs worth :nod:

This might not be a memory problem. I can duplicate this (3 leds + a blinking one) whenever I want it by playing around with my new videocard (Radeon X550), as described in this thread: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23343

For me it goes like this: if the SLI jumpers are positioned for 8x - 8x PCI-E slot operation, putting the card in the closest PCI-E slot to the cpu results in the behaviour. Obviously, RAM has nothing to do with it at least in my case.

This might not be a memory problem. I can duplicate this (3 leds + a blinking one) whenever I want it by playing around with my new videocard (Radeon X550), as described in this thread: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23343

For me it goes like this: if the SLI jumpers are positioned for 8x - 8x PCI-E slot operation, putting the card in the closest PCI-E slot to the cpu results in the behaviour. Obviously, RAM has nothing to do with it at least in my case.

He dont have a sli board its a DXG type board which supports two pci-e x16 slots :nod:

Hmmm I wonder if my problems are down to my power supply. I didn't know about the whole 480W minimum thing before I bought it. I wish I had done more research now. Still it is only like 30W short and there's not that much stuff for it too power.

My friend is not going to be happy with me if I tell him he has to buy another psu so it would be nice to know for sure first if it will fix it. I guess that isn't possible though.

just had this exact problem...3 leds it seems can mean more than 1 thing..

to fix: take it apart and put togther again....I'm solid as a rock now.

Did the same thing and its working now. I hadn't touched a thing other than turn memtest off in the bios, weird.

I have 3 LEDs and I'm stumped too. It was fine for months until I put 3.5v through the memory to try and reach 3Ghz. It was stable several hours until it just froze with a garbled display, I turned it off to find it wouldn't boot.

Is it possible that the CPU could be detected with a burned out on-die memory controller? In other words either the built in memory controller or the lanparty interface is at fault. Replacing the latter is a lot more tiresome.

I'm also having this issue.. only started happening since I upgraded from the standard 420W psu with my case(was working ok.. but had stability(freezing in css) issues. I unplugged all power cables except mobo related ones.. and was able to get into the bios. But i've rebuilt this before and it worked.. didnt work this time. Should I try just one stick in an orange slot? (To specify, I hit the power button on my case (the 2 amber lights are always on.. so thats good) and the green power lights just blinks once a second or so. The red hdd act light pretends like its reading something.. even with no hdd connected. I see 3 diag LEDs, and all my mobo fans are spinning)

Hi there. I had the exact same thing with my first dfi sli-d. Only 3 led's on and a blinking power led. Though it was memory and changed for 3 types of diferent memory and nothing. All the hardware was good in other mobo. Then i simply ghanged the graphic card to the second pcix slot, not the closest to cpu, and bang, have my rig running for a few hours.

Changed again to first pcix slot and there was the same sh... happening. Returned the mobo cause the 1st pcix slot won't work. Bought sli-dr :D .

Good luck