3 reds and pwr led blinks

Amd Atholon 64 3000+Venice

1GB OCZ platinum 3200

DFI lan party Ultra

Antec Case w/380w True pwr

6600 GT

Put together as directed and advertised, after all power connections (4) put in place, hit the power, no Post, no screen, 3 red leds on Mobo, and the power light just flashes continous on the case. Only thing I can think of is not enough power possibly.

Any suggestions?? I already reseated RAM, switched CPU, checked jumpers, unless there is something that has changed on the directions all of the jumpers are at default for now. I have seen some mention of 24/28 power connections, is the Antec power supply different from the mother boards connection? At work right now and I can't check and the Computer is in peices there anyway! (:

Thanks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the psu for a dfi nf4 mobo has to be at least 480w native 24 pin.

anything less than that, can't guarentee the results. you can click the link in my sig for recommended psu's

also what bios are you using and what slots are your ram in. 3 leds mean that the memory is not being detected.

try with only 1 stick in the upper orange slot

Since its missing, I hope you are going to take oliverychest's advice and use the PSU link in his signature. (also a sticky post in reccomendations.)

If it were me (I know) I would hold out till I got a better PSU.

*(cause that first one you listed might go poof/boom and do damage.)