Let us not forget

Mars1

I will never forget that morning...Walked outside and saw a lot of smoke in the sky and wonderd WTF???

went in and flicked on the tube and just stood there with my jaw to the ground.I will never understand what could drive someone to take soo many innocent lives in the name of religeon,or whatever you want to call it

Makes me sick with disgust...

I will never forget that morning...Walked outside and saw a lot of smoke in the sky and wonderd WTF???

went in and flicked on the tube and just stood there with my jaw to the ground.I will never understand what could drive someone to take soo many innocent lives in the name of religeon,or whatever you want to call it

Makes me sick with disgust...

Not to point fingers, but the Knight of the Crusades did exactly the same thing, The Romans did, and many other religions did before that. The fact remains that anyone who believes strong enough in anything (be it brain washed or not) will kill for thier religion.

In fact Christianity is one of the biggest guilty parties when it comes to death of innocents because of religion. Whole civilizations and/or thier beliefs have been pretty much wiped out in the past all in the Glory of God!. Not to mention the Witch Hunts and other people branded as Devils or Devil worshipers because they worship fertitily rites and nature.

Some could argue that the western ideals of freedom are a religon and people are being killed for that cause too.

Im not sympathizing with anyone here, but the point Im trying to say is although you dont understand it, this kind of thing has been happening since recorded human history began.

Yes the events of 9/11 are cowardly acts of terrorism I totally agree with that.

I totally agree with the resulting war, but I can also see why they [the terrorists] did it as well.

I find its always best to look at things from both sides, even if you dont agree with it. That way you can make a logical and educated opinion on the said discussion.

It was a well planned systematic strike against the (then invincible in its own eyes) USA. Thing is, like what was said last night by Rudy Juliani, the lessons learned at 9/11 are not being heeded. You can already get on planes again with utility knifes, and theres quick screening of passengers at airports for those who can pay enough. Like I have said before in another thread, unless the lessons are heeded, we will have another strike on a 9/11 magnitiude again on American soil. and all those 3,000+ innocent people who died on that tragic day, thier deaths will be meaningless.

On a side note, did anyone watch The Flight that Fought Back on Discovery Last night??... That was some awesome televison and perfect memorial of those souls on Flight 93.

I was generally saying religeon as a whole(and I do realize this has been going on since the begining of time)All religion in my opinion was created by man to keep man in line. The fanatics take it to serious and take the words from the "so called"holy book and interpret phrases into whatever suits thier needs...As you said above you can understand why the terrorist did it? why they took so many innocent lives that had nothing at all to do with anything involved with that armpit of the world?

Yes the christians wiped out Whole civilizations but that was many years ago and just because they did it makes it acceptable for these scumbags to kill 3000 innocent people???

Is that what you are saying??I dont get it ???hit our millitary blow up the white house I could understand that!I was down at ground zero 2 days afterwords and I could not stop crying seeing all of the missing faces on the walls everywhere and I can never forget that.This moment in time will never let me forget, for better or worse 9/11/01 has changed me as a person....

ps.I dont wanna start an flame war just speaking my mind,everyone has that right:)

No Im not saying that its acceptable. And you are right its changed everyone. We should NOT forget what happened, but it seems like the airline companies have already (in the quest for money)..

And just because the christians wiped out civilizations many years ago (Which by the way, equates to a lot more than 3,000 people I might add), does not make it any more acceptable either. Point and case, if (and a bloody big if in my mind) Islam became the dominant religion in the world, far in the future, would it be then ok to say that because 9/11 happened many years ago that its ok and acceptable?

I think the answer would be a resounding no.

I dont really follow any religion, as such. In fact some of the anicent religions have some valid points that I can relate to. Take the Celts for example. They worshipped the Earth Goddess. The Earth was thier mother and lover who would stab you in the back. She represented death and that death was a return to the earth from whence you came. Then your body was used to feed the earth and thus make a cycle of life. Life was a game to the Godess and the Celts took life as a game in many ways.

Of course the Christians wiped them out or converted them under the fear of torture/grisly death and branded thier customs as devil worshiping. But the weird thing is that some of thier customs are still celebrated today. Halloween, May Day, Easter, Summer and Winter Solstace to name but a few.

Like I said, I dont really devoutly follow any religion as such but agree with a lot of things said in lots of old and current religions. Perhaps Im what you would call a Neo-Pagan.

I think its time the whole world woke up and just sacked off all religions, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. Only a major global disaster or Aliens Arriving is going to change anything.

Yellowstone Park's Caldera eurpting would be a Gobal disaster that would shrink the population down to mere thousands worldwide (maybe less as its more powerful than the Toba Eurption was 74,000 years ago) and thats overdue now by 40,000 years. Only then will mankind probably see that all this bickering and killing over God(s) who's exisitance cannot be wholly proven (or disproved) is not getting him anywhere at all.

Douglas Adams said it best in the Book The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy about the stupidity of it all in reference to the Babel Fish:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. Q.E.D."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

(A Zebra Crossing is a Walkway in the road in the UK thats striped Black and White for pedestrians to have right of way in a road- For those who dont know or get that last sentance)