Ultra - D Revisions

I have a ultra D, supposidly the "b" revision (which there are no bois updates as the issues are supposed to be fixed)

I'm having a few probs with the board (nasty crashing during games) and am starting to think I may have a rev A. where do I check please? I have scoured the board but not much on it. Is it by the bios battery?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the same Rev2 board mentionned on a german website... at least they didn't say it was in stock.

I guess it is a way to get rid of these boards after the bad name some people are giving it.

Also on bios update page it specifically states diff revisions, so i just assumed..

I just looked at download bios page dfi and the beta site as well and see NO mention of revisions for bios for Xrev of board or that there is a revision??? What were you looking at?

RGone...

By the way I am again using my first NF3 U-D with the R716 on it since I removed R716 myself on my other one and am running this bios> http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=B&SITE=US<

Using X2 3800+ processor and 2x512 of Corsair PC4400C2.5 at 265x10 1T with no problems at all that are not related to the original d*mn Nvidia created problem of not being able to max overclock their own 6800 cards on their own NF3 chipset. Other than that I have no problems at all.

Using Fortron 530watt power supply and 1 FDD, 1 LS120, 2x80gig SATA Hitachi (raid 0), 1 Maxtor ATA133 for image back up onto, 1 LiteOn CD/DVDrom combo and one LiteOn DVD burner and 6800GT video card. 5 Fans and a partridge in a pear tree.

RGone...

It have been discussed in another thread

It is a normal board with a bios update,and this update made them think they could call the board *Rev.2*,Bit it's still a Rev.A Board.

If i remember revision for dfi are called Rev.A,B etc etc,not Rev 1,2, etc

I was refering to the "Please download the following BIOS according to your motherboard version where applicable." and then the "PCB Revision A" above the bios's, just sounds as if there should be a rev B.

Ok anhows, I have figured that the prob isn't the m/b, well....it is, but its because of my 6800GT. The Gfx card is not at all faulty, but it doesnt seem to run in this m/b. I have had other cards working perfectly in the board, and the card working perfectly on other boards.

So I am now trying newest bios flash to see if it cures the probs (locking in games, accompanied by looping sound and fuzzy screen) but I can't get the flipping board to find my FDD. Tried it in another comp, as well as new cable, and its enabled in bios..... weird one this. Any ideas please?

Guest cisco kid

Nice I am gonna give this bios mentioned above a try as I am on the 705 all seems good but your specs are very similar to mine except I am running 2x512 PC3700EB