Can i do better

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your Centon RAM is much like my Mushkin Redline. It primed as high as 240FSB but that was about it. You could of course, do something like 11x235 or 11x240 if you don't mind doing 1.9-1.95v. I know initially I would have preferred 10x250 over 11x236 but I'm surprised at the responsiveness in games and general apps in spite of it.

--Fernando

I here what your saying Sharptooth+ but the object of this exersise for me, is to get as high a fsb as possible(at whatever timmings). When that's sable Prime wise the next stage will be to Phase it and go as high as possible(3ggg+). It's a bit of fun and if i can't do it, i won't loose any sleep over it(well........not much anyway).

I see you hav'nt lost any of that ability for psycic observation Clay :D

Naw... Just lucky this time.. I'm more of a psycho than a psychic. Hehehe.....

It might jus doit though. Yer' load temps would be lower than the dual core.. 3000mhzs might be awefull close. You have a diffrent processor now so a guesstimate might not be easy at all. This will be very very interesting.. At least. Best to you.

...the object of this exersise for me, is to get as high a fsb as possible(at whatever timmings). When that's sable Prime wise the next stage will be to Phase it and go as high as possible(3ggg+). It's a bit of fun and if i can't do it, i won't loose any sleep over it(well........not much anyway).

Well, seems like its time to put those Platinum Elites (4800) out for a FSB spin :P How high did you get with those before?

--Fernando

Yer' load temps would be lower than the dual core.. 3000mhzs might be awefull close. You have a diffrent processor now so a guesstimate might not be easy at all.

The cpu is different but it's better than my old 2600. I've had it for a few years in an Abit AT7 MAX2, and never really clocked it that much(it was my file server). Anyway i took it down last week, and what do you know? [email protected] in the LPB on air :eek: Hence the thoughts that i've been having since. So 3g+ must be on the cards(bows to Mecca and makes the sign of the cross)

Well, seems like its time to put those Platinum Elites (4800) out for a FSB spin :P How high did you get with those before?

--Fernando

I think it was 265 or 270, i can't really remember. But if Aeka comes up with a good bios again then higher might be possible.

Oh Goodness! [email protected]!!! Dang!! That sure puts it in the ballpark!! You only need 250 mhz.

Just the cooling could give ya' 180 of that. Then maybe some fratial of volt. And it's good! (Not sure though) I'll be watchin' fer' sure.

I'd better quickly say that i hav'nt Primed at 2750 or anything. But my old 2600 would never boot into Windows at anything over 2550, where as this 2500 booted straight in at 2750. So i have got high hopes for it.

I'd better quickly say that i hav'nt Primed at 2750 or anything. But my old 2600 would never boot into Windows at anything over 2550, where as this 2500 booted straight in at 2750. So i have got high hopes for it.

This sounds very promising. What are your thoughts on the FSB? Are you going to stay at 250, 265 or higher? Even with 250, if you're already able to do 11x250 on air, then you certainly have a good chance at 12x250 with phase cooling. Man, you'll have to keep us posted on this :)

May the Force be with you!

--Fernando

@Kitfit1,

Any updates on project Mach2 GT->>LP-B<<-?

--Fernando

Yep shure is sharptooth+, i just spent half a day trying a fresh install of XP with a duff cd drive.......hmm. Anyway put another on in and it's now Primeing for a reference setup. At the moment it's 250x10 at 11-3-3-3-2.5-1t. I don't see any reason why it should'nt complete a 24 hour run at that. Once it has i'll start pushing it 5mhz at a time to get the highest fsb that i can. I still have not been able to get a socketA head kit for my Mach2 yet and at the moment i'm a bit loathed to buy a brand new one.

At the moment it's 250x10 at 11-3-3-3-2.5-1t. I don't see any reason why it should'nt complete a 24 hour run at that. Once it has i'll start pushing it 5mhz at a time to get the highest fsb that i can. I still have not been able to get a socketA head kit for my Mach2 yet and at the moment i'm a bit loathed to buy a brand new one.

Is this with the OCZ Platinum Elites? Or Centon?

--Fernando