Can i do better

I just ran memtest @250 and 252 perfect. used the multi 10Tried to boot she went into a boot-loop.(252) Tried 250 booted up crashed 3dmark01 instant bluescreen relaxed the timings didn't help. 243 same deal (Relaxed timing too) Thought it was stable @245 I'll sink the mosfets and see if that helps. But it could be the north or southbridge is gettin' hot. I think sumptin's gettin' hot not sure what yet though. Hehee I'm jus' glad I'm not stuck@210 anymore Hehee. I'll try running T2 if I can cut it no other way. (I'd really rather not) The cpu runs pretty cool.(Maybe it's not used to that) I may have corupted my os some what. with those other sticks. And playing with a bad copy of alchol120 I semi crashed it and did a repair,when I did it(XP) put the uniprocessor Hal iback in. I didn't change it back to acpi pc because I did not what to corrupt my drivers. That could be it also. Hummm.... I'll do a clean install to be sure. I'll drop my multi down and see how far it'll go. (Allready tried 250x8 didn't work) But now I know that instabilty happens somewhere between 235 and 243 mhz. With the 3dmark anyway. Memtest reports prefect @252mhz memory. I didn't test too many superpi's. But I'm pretty sure they'll crash too. It's been past my bed time for awhile. So I'll try to catch a bit o shuteye. Maybe some answers will appear inna' bit. I'll check Angrys infinity's bios screens just to be sure I haven't missed something. Infinities are new to me. So that is completely pausible. See ya's I post back when I get up. Thanks again "Clay"

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post for my 250 @t2 apic off I'm doing a special install to be sure. This memory seems to dislike cas 2.5 Well see I should be able to get 250 stable anyway. I'm really happy with my overclocks sofar .but I think I would like the 250 certified also. But again my rig might not do 250 no matter what I do to it. It's happened to others. Well see I guess"Clay"

HEy watching this thread and you guys have got me going again, pushing my rig just to see if i can squeeze some more out of her, ;) stuck in a modified QuTec 550w psu with strong rails

5v=5.4v

3.3v=3.4v

12v=12.4v

all good and strong. THinking of sinking those 3 fets just below the ram slots, they get hot those. Gonna pull the SB HS and replace with a NB active HS that i modified. RAn Aquamark and 3d03 and 3d01 at 253fsb for good runs, never bothered saving pics though, if i get time the day i might push to see if i can better those in my Overclocking Database. Thanks for piquing my interest again dudes, hope you make and find what your looking for.

Hummm... Ran 250@t2 Apic off Special xp install like I said I gonna' do. Hit the wall at exactly the same place I did at t1 apic on 240mhz. (Got the right hal in right off too.LOL I think sumptin's gettin toasty over 240. And I suspect the NB. Could be the SB too. In the mean time,I'm reinstalling everything @T1 apic on. Cause that ddn't seem to make any diffrence. (T2)

Next I'll sink exactly the same mosfets you mentioned "Logan" and see if that helps at all,If not I'll pull the board And put one O them solid copper swiftec's on there. (NB) I don't expect I'll be racin' ya's anytime soon. Hehee. But I Hope the "King" don't mind moddin' my sig inna' month or two though. (Maybe sooner!) I'm sure 250 is there though. But right now I'm just abit tired of blue screens,and waitin' fer' windduh's to scandisk so's I can try sumptin' else. The problem isn't the memory fer' sure memtest86 prefect @252. I'll be workin on it though for sure. Following this thread too. See-ya's "Clay"

If you have'nt got active cooling on your northbridge it could well be the cause of a few problems, even if you can't get hold of a Thermalright NB1 take the sink of and put some AS3 or AS5 on. It wil make a difference in your temps. Keep at it, you will get there.

Just ordered some new sinks for this Lanparty, should get them wednsday with a bit of luck, so i can start looking for a bit more out of it.

If you have'nt got active cooling on your northbridge it could well be the cause of a few problems, even if you can't get hold of a Thermalright NB1 take the sink of and put some AS3 or AS5 on. It wil make a difference in your temps. Keep at it, you will get there.

Just ordered some new sinks for this Lanparty, should get them wednsday with a bit of luck, so i can start looking for a bit more out of it.

I'll keep at it til' I get there. It'll be a while though before I pull the board again. It has a coolermaster heatsink with as5 on it according to the seller. It may have been jarred loose during shipping. It runs 1c warmer than my cpu. 32c right now. According to everest-home but I think theres a bugg in everest home that reads those sensors wrong(Reversed). Does anyone have an idea of about where these things start to error? ``````well back to work for now I gott check out the mbm5 stuff. "Clay"

Yes i'd be a bit reluctant to pull the mobo out again. By the way i've joined you with one stick of VX now, one of mine died about an hour ago. So it's a case of waiting for an rma. It could be a blessing though because if that stick was dodgy all along, it could explain my 3dmark probs(thats what i'm hoping anyway).

I think these stick's are guaranteed for life @3.5v . You shouldn't have any trouble gettin' a rma. Oh I'm still crashin' it a coupla' time's a day testing it's limits. But mostly right now. Until I can get some money in the bank. I'm workin' on a good 24/7 timing. [email protected]. 2-2-2-9-12-14 3.1vdimm [email protected] agp67mhz 1.5v. everything else is on auto. It's seems very stable takes everything I can throw at it. Plus I don't have to have the ac turned up so high I'm wearin' coats and stuff. According to everest my cpu is 32c chipset=33c Hummm. I might have to fix sooner than I expected. "Clay"

Um Clay most here run MBM for monitoring temps, SOUndX has modified the Data folder etc and basicaly you should run that as it is damn more accurate and more configurable than anything else out there.

MBM dl here http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Ati tool dl here http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Modified Data Folder for NF2 dl here http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98/NF2MBMData.rar

REad about it here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...98&page=1&pp=15

Back with running my Ballistix at the moment, sent of the vx for rma this mornig.

Loggan, the 3d01 run i posted on your thread was only about 900 higher than my 9800pro as well. The big difference is in 03 and 05.

Clay, is'nt 32 on the chipset about right?

By the way Loggan, are you sure you want to risk your rig with a Qtec :confused:

Hehee I was right about fixin' stuff that allready works. Now it a good deal warmer. Who ever installed the nb before me really had the as5 caked in there. I thought that was too much so I used a lot less.(Not enough!) Also I muffed a really good paste job on the processor(Moved the heatsink accidently). So tonight I get to redo both. But I'll reseat my processor while I'm at it. My board is the 1 with the plastic lever's it doesn't seem to close tight.(Really really sloppy loose actually) But that might not be the problem. My processor needs to much vcore for many more mhz than is in my sig. (Actually I think I'm stuck there) I wonder if there is a way of tightening the lever thing. But that might not be the problem. About the best I can do for a month or so is order anouther of stick that VX. (+some in 3dmark maybe 1000.Back in race?) Did both sticks quit on ya' Kitfit of just the 1? My 1 stick seems to have slowed down. -30 in everest reads. But that could be from the extra heat,caused from me fixin' stuff. I gotta' check my supply of as5 before I do anything though. Wouldn't do to pull the thing apart and be out! See-ya's "Clay"