Sign in to follow this  
[R]BENDER

Need A Good Router W/ Firewall

Hey guys

Well Right now I need to get a new router because the one I have right now is 3 years old and no has Firewall. I have 3 Computers to put on this new router (mine,parents,back up comp) So It needs to be at least a 4-port. I have been looking around and found 2 routers I like but not sure if they are the best I can get.

Router 1) - Linksys BEFSX41 Broadband EtherFast Cable/DSL Firewall Router with 4-Port Switch/VPN - RETAIL $61 +S&H From newegg.com

Router 2) - 4 Port Cable/DSL ProSafe Firewall/Print Server/Router By NETGEAR $99.99 Form CompUsa

If any of you can point out a better router for me please do so if not please advise me on these 2 routers thanks. :lol:

eventhough some routers have a firewall, it never hurts to have one on your computer. a lot of times routers don't do a good enough job, and it's just child's play to hackers

i have a link sys and im sure people can get through it - im considering getting a second box for a firewall

I have a linksys, Ive never been hacked, Ive never had a virus.

Thats also part of good internet habits though.

i'm behind a linksys and a custom iptables box. i've been probed. i've been proded. i've even been DDoS'd. i've been hit by virii. i've blocked a ton of virii.

uhm... lets say build your own firewall box and get a cheapo switch!

Guest FxXP

I'm behind a USR 8000A and nothing has happened to my XP or Linux boxes since it was put in. One SYN flood and that was it. I wouldn't touch Linksys with a two foot pole after all the problems that I had with the DHCP and the firmware.

Edited by FxXP