4, 3, 2, 1, 0

Aren't those just the pritiest 4 LED lights that you have ever seen.

I've just built my first computer, and I can tell you it is beautiful (aren't they all). Truely you could not believe how happy I was when the fans started to wirl and the lights came on then counted down, lol.

And It runs absolutely silent (air cooled by two 120mm case fans and one 120mm CPU fan and two PSU fans), apart from the 7800 GT I have plugged in, which is very noisy. I'm still in the process of setting up the software, but I was wondering if it is possible to adjust the fan speed of the 7800 GT so that it is quiter.

Thanks for the help. :D

And It runs absolutely silent (air cooled by two 120mm case fans and one 120mm CPU fan and two PSU fans), apart from the 7800 GT I have plugged in, which is very noisy. I'm still in the process of setting up the software, but I was wondering if it is possible to adjust the fan speed of the 7800 GT so that it is quiter.

I have a 7800GT. Actually, I was pretty impressed how quiet the stock heatsink is compared to my old ATI board.

But, I built a SILENT system. I replaced the board's heatsink with a Zalman V700 AlCu, and I run its fan at only 7V. Works fine, even in an hour of Battlefield 2, the GPU only gets to 65 degrees. Anything under 100 degrees is OK for a GPU. The 7800 series runs much cooler than the 6xxx series or the ATI x800 x850 series.

Try the Zalman, it's not hard to put on. It DOES block the next door slot though, something you need to look at since you have an extra sound board.

Silence is bliss.

Err also, stupid question, is there a place where I can check the date of the bios my motherboard is running so as to check its up to date. Additionally I'm unsure of how to boot from the floppy drive on start up, can you also tell me how to do that.

Thanks.

Once you disable the splash screen in bios, you will see the date code for your bios in bottom left when booting. *(also programs like si soft sandra will have them in its display, but I think it reverses them.)

Also, just set boot order to floppy first, shut it down, pop in floppy and boot and thats it.

Okay, the bios setting says that I am running the 310 bios, so I will have to upgrade to the latest 623-3 bios. However I am not sure of how to change the boot order, I have found where the boot orders are listed in the bios, yet I don't know how to change it to boot from floppy, on my old dell it was so easy to do. Can some one explain how to adjust it to boot from the floppy, currently under the removable section, it has the floppy drive listed, but then it goes on to a whole list of other boot sequences for the cd drive and the hard drive. Under first boot sequence it has "removable drives" listed, but not the floppy drive.

Okay, now this is just plain annoying me. Currently I have the 310 bios installed. I've inserted a floppy disk into my old computer, and downloaded the latest bios exe file, executed it and it created an application on the floppy disk and a bin file.

The bios is set to the optimised defaults and I have made the following adjustments:

del-advanced bios features-removable device priority is set to floppy disks.

del-advanced bios features-first boot device is set to removable.

esc-removable is set to floppy disks.

No matter if the floppy disk is in or not when it boots up it keeps going until the following comes up:

PXE-E61 media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F, exiting nvidia boot agent

disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

I just can't seem to get it to flash, shouldn't it do it automatically when a floppy disk is inserted. If not and I have to press a button, can you tell me it, as my damn CRT does not turn on straight away when the system boots, it turns on half way through so i may be missing it.

Also is there a way to check the floppy drive is working, the power light is on, and I've used two different cables to connect the floppy drive to the motherboard, but nothing works.

Sounds like it cant find its first boot device. You dont have any USB HDD's attached i presume? If so get them of. Can you check floppy drive in the computer you used to download the bios file? If you have an OS on the system already you can use Winflash to flash bios. Although it isnt recommended i like that prog a lot. Good luck.