Need help - PC won't post

Just started putting my rig together today (see sig - it's all brand new except for the case and optical drives). Everything was going along relatively smoothly. I had 2 Raptors hooked up in RAID 1 to the NV SATA controller, and was starting to hook up my 4 Seagate drives (one by one) to the SI SATA controller. I hooked up 1 Seagate drive, configured it in Windows, then rebooted, and now the machine won't POST at all. The 4 LED's in the lower left are all lit, there is power going to all HD and CD/DVD drives, as well as fans.

I've been reading the forum here, and saw many people having problems with the Ballistix ram, so I tried putting them in different slots, in different combinations, but nothing. Even tried using the Corsair PC3200 ram from my old rig, still nothing.

Not sure what else to try at this point, and would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmmm, if only I had a multimeter. Time to try a different PSU then.

Right now I've only got the video card, case fans (4, 80mm), and floppy drive connected to the PSU. I can't imagine that would draw too much power for the PSU to handle.

Another thing, if I power up with no ram installed, I do not get the error beep.

Hmmmm, if only I had a multimeter. Time to try a different PSU then.

Right now I've only got the video card, case fans (4, 80mm), and floppy drive connected to the PSU. I can't imagine that would draw too much power for the PSU to handle.

Another thing, if I power up with no ram installed, I do not get the error beep.

Try 1-stick of RAM at a time. ;)

Thanks, that didn't do it though. The PC had been working fine with the 7800 for 1-2 hours, then I rebooted and it won't come back up.

I've taken the entire thing out of the case, only video hooked up, and the 4 required power connections made, and nothing yet. I'll play around a little more, maybe try reseating the CPU and heatsink.