Basic Questions about Mem Timings...just need some confirmation

shiggity

Hey guys,

Ok, I'm using OCZ Plat. Rev. 2 2x512mb Kit and on the memory sticks themselves, there's a sticker that says 2-2-2-5. Now I read the Memory guide/OC guide and I think I have decent understanding of them, but just wanted to make sure on some things.

1. The 2-2-2-5 is what OCZ says the memory will perform on STOCK settings right?

2. Once you being uping the HTT/FSB, the memory timings might now run at 2-2-2-5 right?

3. The lower the #'s, the better performance (by performance I mean you would get a higher 3d Mark score or something) and higher numbers would have less performance but more stability right?

4. I am running at 270HTT/FSB right now and my mem times are 2.5-3-3-7, obviously no where near the 2-2-2-5 rating. I have tried lowering the 2.5 CAS to 2 but I couldn't boot up. So if I'm able to run stable at 2.5-3-3-7, would there be any need to try to tweak the system to even lower timings?

Thanks for any help!

nope.

to others . cas2.5 might seem slow but its not.

just use everest and clock in your memory speeds

youll notice a very big difference from a stock 5000 read to a supp'd up 7000read

but other then that. these timings seem to be around where the 270 mark should be. i believe you can lower to 7 to 6.

also run things like memtest and prime. if it aint stable. it wouldnt be called an OC

1) yes they should do

2) you have to find the max they will do at any timings you like, read the (stickied) oc guide

3) depends on the test, some like tight timings (superpi), other high Mhz (hexus pifast). Higher/looser doesnt mean more stability.

4) 270 @ 2-2-2-5 is too high for your TCCD/TCC5 mem.

Read the oc guide and have a look at the OC database. Loads of rev 2's in there.