dead dfi board?

keepaf1

i am having trouble with my board.i got it up and running .when i overclocked it([email protected])-it went fine.but when i tried to adjust the cpu vid special control setting it shut down on me.now it wont boot at all.

i read that there is a corrupt bios version out that has incorrect readings for the vcore voltage.when you adjust through the cpu vid special control setting it gives you a lower reading than what it actually is.which means you can go very high without realising it.

i dont know if i have this version cause i cant boot up.i have tried clearing cmos as well as disconnecting everything and removing the cmos battery,but no go.it starts up for a sec then shuts down.i even burrowed a 500w psu(mine is a 400w olympic) to see if that would work.no luck.

i have assembled everything on my workbench(using antistatic mat) and tried to boot up-no luck

when i first hit the power button the four red leds at bottom left of the board light up then it shuts down again.when the power is connected the standby and ram leds are lit and are bright.

i am just guessing at this,but i think it could be stuck in the last overclocked bios setting.unfortunately it shuts down too fast to enter the bios

i dont know what else to do.any help will be greatly appreciated

Have you tried the safe boot jumper on your mobo?

yes i have tried the safe boot but still no go.i am also sorry about posting in the wrong forum.stressing out about my long awaited new dfi board.

the 500w psu was a raidmax(generic) but it was all i could get hold of that was bigger than mine.

my friend has put his 3200 venice into my board and three of the four leds at the bottom left hand corner has lit up.he has also put in 1 stick of ram and still only the three leds light up.does this mean that the cpu has been detected and not the ram or that the cpu has not been detected

sorry for the question which is probably so obvious to everyone else but this is my first dfi board.which is alot different to my old gigabyte 939 board.(all new terrirtory for me) :confused:

my friend pulled his cpu and discovered that he had a bent pin.he has since straightened it and placed it back in my board.it now boots into bios.

so it looks like my 3200 winchester might be shot.he is going to put my chip back in and see if it will boot.

will post results(fingers crossed it works)

have found the problem.i have blown my bloody cpu.

still-look on the bright side.i can now go for the 4000 and overclock to the max(with alot of help from the people at dfi-street)

a big thank you to everyone for their help and advice with my problem

• 2 weeks later...

i'm back with a vengence.

i managed to get a 3200 venice core as there was nothing else out there.(its election year here and every business is waiting to see what happens before bringing more stock into the country)i couldnt wait.cant o/c my rig yet cause i am saving for an ozc powerstream 520 psu.was getting a sunbeamtech psu but it fell through.