875P-T Watercooling?

Marbuhai

Hey

My system is under construction once again, run in to algie problems 3 times now, but thats not the boards fault...

Bougth a NB cooler when i swicthed to watercooling, but the moutings on the chipset are stupid :( , and strips just dont do the job holding it into place, and the clearflex 60 tube i use is quite thick, and works like a spring just pushing it all out of place all the time.

Back to my problem, i just want to leave out the chipset cooler this time, and just going for the cpu to be cooled, later going to buy a vga cooler, but how high can i oc with just the original sink on the chipset?

Im at 260fsb now, but hope to end on 280fsb down the road...

Guest Christian

Hi, I have the original sink on the chipset and an 80mm air fan near it , so I can go up to 280, then my CPU can't go any higher....

• 2 months later...

for some reason i found that the heatsink i have listed below seems to work better then the water cooling i had, its only 50 bucks mount dual 90 milimeter fans and u should be fine. the fans i have spin @ 4400 rpm i took my case fan turned it blowing in. then i have another fan mounted on the back blowing out .seems to work great for me. if you go that route make sure u mount the tower 112 so the fnas blow towards the back of the tower. the only bad thing is to intsall this bad boy u will need to remove the mobo. hope this helps ya.

yep, Luv my 875p-t!! Had this bad boy runnin my 3.2 preshott at 4.2 since last December!! I still use it every day as my CAD/CAM workstation.

I designed a custom top for a silver TDX base. I have one extra top if you are intreseted. It can mount to any TDX base, just don't install an Insert, you don't need to have impengment cooling on the chipset... ;)

PM me if you are intrested... I will look around for a pic I have it somewhere. OK, found em..

img09893ma.th.jpg

img09915co.th.jpg