704-2BTA - no network / internet after flash

Guest nova_merged

So I thought I'd try the new cleaned up 704-2BTA last night. After flash I no longer have access to the internet or any of my networked machines. Curious,.... flashed back to 623-3 and all was good,.... went to bed. This morning I thought I'd try again with a clear head and a cup o joe,.....fresh flash, still no network or internet.

Tried to disable and enable network connection, no luck. Tried network setup wizard, no luck.

I am using the nVidia lan connected to a Linksys WCG200 cable gateway, and the latest nForce4 6.66 drivers.

Is everyone else using the Marvell lan? Or did I just miss something?

Hmmm,... switched back to 623-3 and still nuthing. Dunno what happened, could not get it to work. Reset gateway a number of times, tried to repair connection many times, used CMD and ipconfig/release and ipconfig and on and on. Only message I saw was unable to renew ip address and another that said something about corrupt network settings. Turned off the gateway/modem/router (whatever you want to call it) for about the 5th time and all of a sudden its working again. I'm kinda at a loss, never had my stuff act this way before. My little network consists of 4 wired rigs and 2 wireless. The sli-dr rig is one of the wired ones.

Damned odd if ya ask me,.......

Is the Marvell Lan a better way to go????

That bois killed my os when I used winflash. It was very odd because I have used winflash many times before with no ill effects?

The bios did not kill your OS, either winflash did not flash it right or your overclock was to agressive or you flashed while overclocked.

The bios is based off a special version of the base 704, no registers are changed in the bios to make it dangerous....

That bois killed my os when I used winflash. It was very odd because I have used winflash many times before with no ill effects?
Strange, we have almost identical specs, and I Winflashed this bios without trouble... on stock speeds offcourse...

So I don't expect its the bios that actually caused your problems...

So,... an update. Sometime during the night I lost it again. Tried everything I could think of to get it going again,... no luck. Gave up,...flashed bios again and went with the Marvell Lan. So far so good.

I'm going to have to chalk this up to coincidence, not the bios.

Still find it odd,.... why would the nVidia Lan just stop accepting an IP Address?

Flashed it lastnight and didn't have any problems, well i did, but there were of my own doing. Pushed my overclock to far and it corrupted the Windows installation so i had to reinstall Windows over the top of the old one, but i'm going to format tomorrow evening and do a full clean install.

Overclocks haven't budged an inch over the 623-3 and i haven't noticed any differences in the bios, just the fact that it says that it is running the new bios.