Endless Blue Screens of Death

First things first. Get ram working. To start I don't think your ram will work at 500mhz 2,2,2,5 timings. Set ram timing to 3,3,3,10 with a 166 divider at 2T. Crank up Mem voltage to 2.6. See if you can get ram to pass MemTest86 before worrying about anything else. Your power supply has more than enough power to run Memtest and any boot activity. The computer I'm on right now is using a Allied 400w (17a 12v rail) with no problems.

Respectfully,

W6KKT

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Could you please point those out for me?

Most of the PSU's listed indeed have less then 20A... on ONE of their TWO or THREE 12V rails... "

Ahh...my mistake, I didn't realize. I don't know much about psu's, but i should have been able to figure it out.

Anyway, you're right about the ram and thanks for posting, i'll try your suggestions and post results soon.

just a thought in addition to your PSU and ram problems.

the IDE drivers can reek havoc and make your rig do some weird stuff sometimes, try installing the chipset drivers without the IDE drivers...

also you need to find what kind of IC's your memory has and find the appropriate bios, it can make all the difference in the world.

"the IDE drivers can reek havoc and make your rig do some weird stuff sometimes, try installing the chipset drivers without the IDE drivers...

also you need to find what kind of IC's your memory has and find the appropriate bios, it can make all the difference in the world."

what is this rig? and what is IC? probably stupid questions, but what the heck.

Also, thats an interesting suggestion, when I installed the chipset drivers, one of the things it asked me to install was IDE drivers, and then 'IDE SW' drivers. what are these SW drivers? And why would the IDE drivers cause weird things to happen? yeesh, also how do you remove IDE drivers?

Lots of questions.

1. Goto the device manager by clicking start then run and type devmgmt.msc click ok

dv5zw.jpg

2. Right click on Pata ata driver then click properties.

dv02ul.jpg

3. Then click driver tab and click on update driver.

dv14pw.jpg

4. Then click no not at this time and click next.

dv28wy.jpg

5. Then click install from a list of specific location. (Advanced) then click next

dv36yw.jpg

6. Click don't search then click next.

dv40fe.jpg

7. Highlight standard dual channel IDE controller and click next.

This will set the IDE back to MS default for burning DVD.

dv56vb.jpg

If you have problems running the Sata driver then you can revert the Sata controller back the same way as above. To revert the Sata driver goto step 2 and right click on the Nvidia serial Ata controller then properties. And follow steps 2 through 7

Neoforcer, thanks for the guide, i followed it and ....lets just say it didn't solve the problem. :) Thanks tho.

btw i found my ram type:

ram8ny.png

So tell me if that helps with anyones advice. It seems to be this product:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...MP=OTC-d3alt1me

It also appears in my bios this

Does it matter much if it appears to be sending 2.63v to a 2.5v ram? or does that even make sense?

Are you nuts! :eek2: When that $14 Deer goes, it will probably take your mobo & video with it! :sad:

David, I'm 71 and will be the first to admit by thinking process is a little off time.

I'm also a engineer and would be appreciative if you would point out in technical (not hypothitical) terms just why the power supply that this system is using is so dangerous to the computer components? Have you seen it's schematic or list of components? Many times on this web site and others I have seen someone recommending, buying new ram, or pwr supply, or cpu, or and or, which still did not fix the problem. I'm not saying "Endless Blue Sceens of Death" doesn't need a better power supply, but I bet if he does replace it he will still have rebooting & BSODs until he address's memory & cpu timing and can pass memtest.

The average technician changes components until one of them fixes the problem. A good technician tests the component first and changes only when necessary.

Respectfully,

W6KKT (Jesse)