New Computer Problems

Guest cybergeek_merged

Guest cybergeek

Hello!!! This is my first post here. I'm here becasue I just built a new system with a DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D mobo with OZC 2GB or memory ( http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16820146970 ) Now the problem, well I built the computer and I had random crashes so I figured it was probably the memory I RMA'd it and get the same model. So I plug the 2 models in (slots 1 and 2) but the computer goes...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Warning

The System is Running in Single Channel Mode When You Plug DIMM Module in DIMM1 Please Install 2 RAM MOdules into DIMM 2&4 For Dual Channel Operation.

You then have an option to go into the BIOS and change it or continue. I decided to countine and the computer would start up but after I logged it would crash and this blue screen would pop up...

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If porblems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X579000EC, 0X00000001, 0XA5d278d4)

*** HTTP. sys- Address A5D278D4 base at A5D16000, Datestamp 41672744

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

------------------------------------------------

So what I decide to do is run a memtest to make sure it was okay. I ran it and there were no errors with the memory. So then I took the sticks and moved the one from slot 1 into slot 4, thus having the memory in slots 2 and 4. Start up and got just pass the login screen and I got this screen.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PEN_LIST_CORRUPT

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If porblems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X0000004E (0X0000008F, 0X00051B18, 0X00051B00

, 0X00000000

------------------------------------------------

So at this point I'm really confused :confused: and pissed :mad: so what I do is take out the stick from slot 2 and put the stick from slot 4 into slot 1. I start up and so far it's working. But I wont be surpriesed if it crashes again. So what do you guys recomend doing? Should I return the mobo, is it defective? I have no idea what is going on. Please help. Thank You In Advance

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cybergeek

Okay I'll flash my bios with ver 623-3, but just a quick update with the one stick in there it crashed with a similar error. Then I put in another stick (no name 512 PC3200) in and kept crashing and after 3 or 4 crashes it started and thats how I'm responding currently. I'll update later.

Guest cybergeek

Okay so I flashed my bios with ver 623-3, I'll post back in a while. Im waiting to see if it will crash or not

Guest cybergeek

Okay well everything was working, I had been using my computer for 2-3 days shuting it down at night starting it in the day. Everything was good but bam hit with another error pretty much the same!!! I have no idea what is going on!!!