Sign in to follow this  
OCZTony

LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

I'm using the latest production bios + opteron chip. I can't get any memory timings to work aside from 200mhz then all they way down to 133 mhz. This is an issue with 2 different sets of memory (1 GB PC4000, 2 GB PC5000) and also two different chip technologies (opteron + 3500+ single core). Any suggestions? I am running the memory at 275 fsb fine, but I would rather up the core and down the memory. Is my board defective?

I'm using the latest production bios + opteron chip. I can't get any memory timings to work aside from 200mhz then all they way down to 133 mhz. This is an issue with 2 different sets of memory (1 GB PC4000, 2 GB PC5000) and also two different chip technologies (opteron + 3500+ single core). Any suggestions? I am running the memory at 275 fsb fine, but I would rather up the core and down the memory. Is my board defective?
I get the same, my memory is fine up to 260Mhz with tight timings, but anything other than 1:1 gives me boot errors, just be glad you have memory that runs at 275Mhz

I tried this bios and it does improve the stability for my Corsair TWINX2048 PC4000 ram.

With the original DFI bios i'm getting some boot-up problems when the ram is overclocked and with this bios i don't :D

I have clocked the ram to 285MHz @CAS343-8 1T command (2.8v)

i wonder using this BIOS will give me different result if i change my ram from Orange to Yellow ?

previously my RAM able to do 265MHz stable in orange slots,

but after changed to yellow slots only stable at 255MHz...

any idea ?

Has there been any more new updates on this bios? When you only enable SATA1+2 it will show as SATA3+4 in the bios for some reason. Also the Memtest86 is version 1.6 instead of the lastest 1.65, anyone...or am i missing something again... :)

Will this play nice with my X2?

hi people

it's been a wile since i been back on this site i guess i only turn up when i'm in trouble lol

ok basically my rig now is

amd fx60 @2.8ghz air cooled

2x WDRaptors 68Gb Raid 0

4x512MB PC4800 OCZ EL (2GB)

2x S-ATA DVD Writer Plextor

x2 7800gtx256mb/x1900xt-x512MB Sapphire

Enermax sli 600watt

Dfi lanparty n-force 4 sli dr/Dfi lanparty UT xpress xdr200 crosscire

ok basically i'm having big time problems getting my x1900xtx to work on either of my motherboards all what happens is my fan on my gpu is going at full speed and i get a blank screen and somtime when i play about with the memory abit as in moving them around i get a system post then the screen goes blank after 7secs and the fan starts going full speed again, this has happend in myh nforce and xpress motherboard but yet my 7800 works fine in both mother boards, i'm using rev A (support for amd fx60) bios downloaded from the official website, i had it rma and the returned it to me and said it's perfectly fine so i'm telling them to take it back and test it on an dfi board, but for some reason i'm begining to think it could be somthing to do with my bios or memory can anyone help me?

Thanks

Thanks for this bios, couldn't get my OCZ VX RAM memtest stabile at stock speeds with the stock bios. With this bios, everything was fine.

does the 704-2bta bios support the newer opterons, I've got an opt144 0602, should be venus

Afaik none of the DFI NF4 LP boards officialy support Opterons.

My 150Mhz (goes from 166 to 140Mhz) option has disapeared in this bios. I tried going through all 20 pages of this thread and saw a couple posts regarding this but no real answer.

Now, I go into the bios and it's there, set 10x300 with the ram at 150Mhz=225Mhz in windows and it runs fine, I go back into the bios to try 10x305 and the option is gone once again. Is there a setting thats making this disappear??