LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man I dont see why after 2 months the vcore issue hasn't been fixed. Any % option works just fine in any previous bios so why not this? If the bios is so good you think it would be completely fixed up and finalized without any 'work arounds' to previous bugs. Unfortunately I have a balls CPU that needs the 123% option and using the 113% option with higher initial vcore just doesn't play the same. I guess I will have to lose out on this variation of the 704 as well.

dude you can use the vids. the bug is that the %vid is applied before the vid do if you are using 1.55v then load 1.30v + 123% it will boot with 1.90v and kill 90nm cpu. But if you boot with 1.30v (WITH NO VID%) and then load bios and load 123% it will be fine and load 1.60v and will run fine. So get the origional 703 bios and try that.

cantankerous

This build has issues, the isses are if you set 123% on the vcore or higher the bios will kill your cpu...simple or that. So I removed the options.

Now i can do you a special and let you kill your CPU but don't go moaning to me or DFI....just let me know if this is what you want?

This bios is built off a build Oskar churned out for me, its a -2 so its universal and it does NOT apply 0.1V more vidmm if you set trcd to 2. It also seems to be about the best build out there for the bulk of users, some will still find their boards/ram prefere other bios builds, but on the whole most seem to like my 704.

So now you know about ther bios, its completley upto you whether you flash it.

[...]Now i can do you a special and let you kill your CPU but don't go moaning to me or DFI....just let me know if this is what you want?

Could you maybe do me a special and release a 704-3BTA? :drool:

Me, or better: my Gskill, would really love that :nod:

No issues here with 704-2BTA btw... Just flashed it and I'm gonna check my overclock now :)