Quick question before i buy my CPU.

If i buy a complete new AMD CPU set, the heatsync fan and processor, is the thermal paste included (Venice 3200+)? I know this is probably a stupid question, but it would help me out greatly.

sorry if this is in the wrong area of the forum, but i couldn't find a suitable place for this post :D

thanks again,

nate

Retail CPU's don't usually come with paste. They come with a sticky material stuck on the bottom of the heatsink that you need to remove a protective layer from prior to placing on the CPU. They don't really do very good job of cooling down your CPU.

My advice, get the Arctic Silver 5 thermal grease. The easiest way to drop your CPU temperatures without breaking the bank. You will need to scrape off the material that ships with the Retail CPU prior to applying the grease.

check out www.arcticsilver.com

if you plan on using the stock cooler and removing the thermal pad, make sure you clean it well (rub in circles counter- and clockwise with a coffee filter that has some isopropyl alcohol on it) before you apply the thermal grease

this cleans out all the microscopic pits and allows for better thermal transfer

your temps with AS5 (if you use it) will drop over the period of about 200 hrs, which is the cure time for that particular item