Latest Official BIOS 2005/05/04 for Lanparty UT nF3 250gB

Hello all,

I recently purchased this MB. After updating it to the latest BIOS, the CPU fan speed shows 0 rpm inside the BIOS. It was working fine with the previous (initial release) BIOS. I plugged the CPU fan to other sockets, and the speed shows up fine. So, I think the latest BIOS cuts that function.

Could anyone confirm this please? Is it the same for your MB? Is it just me, or did I do something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

AK.

It depends on your CPU temp. If the temp is low enough, the fan stops. Freaked me out the first time. You can adjust the min and max temp in the bios in the PC Health section.

Of course, I'm hoping that this is the cause.

My case is open, and I'm sure that the CPU fan is moving but it just shows 0 rpm inside the PC Health section in the BIOS.

I've been using the 5-4 bios ever since I first built this rig in April or May, and mine does the same thing. It's shown "0", "1200-something", "2200-something...(real speed)

I don't worry about it. I use MBM5 for temps + voltages, that tells me by my CPU temp that all's well!

You'd know in a hurry if it wasn't running!

BTW - Welcome to the Street! Please do us a favor and make a sig with all your gear and major settings (see link at bottom of my sig!). It'll be to both our benefits as far as answering questions both now and in the future!

Please do us a favor and make a sig with all your gear and major settings (see link at bottom of my sig!). It'll be to both our benefits as far as answering questions both now and in the future!

Not to mention its a rule.. :nod:

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I have the same bios ( the last one ) and sometimes when i restart my computer, i have a message that says "cmos checksum error, revert bios to défault values"

and after that i go in the bios, and configure all it like it was before the error, and then it goes well for somes weeks and then it will make the error again.

Do you have an idea what should i do, revert to an older bios maybee ?

Howling Man -

Welcome to the Street! Please do us a favor and make a sig with all your gear and major settings (see link at bottom of my sig!). It'll be to both our benefits as far as answering questions both now and in the future! It's also a Rule!

Without more info about your system it's almost impossible to even make a guesss!