Sign in to follow this  
DaLurker

Which BIOS?

My rig is in my sig. For some reason if I run the 7/11 bios, i can't boot into windows at 1t PC4000 at all (this is stock) using at 300HTT and a divider. With the 7/05 I can sometimes, but it isn't 100%. Any ideas what is going on? Should I try the beta BIOS?

Try it, it feels more stable but its definitely not finished. Do you have a backup plan if it all fails? A BIOS saviour or a board to hotflash in? If not then maybe think twice when using a beta BIOS, that said this board hasn't ever corrupted an EPROMM on my yet,not like the old nF2s lol.

Try it, it feels more stable but its definitely not finished. Do you have a backup plan if it all fails? A BIOS saviour or a board to hotflash in? If not then maybe think twice when using a beta BIOS, that said this board hasn't ever corrupted an EPROMM on my yet,not like the old nF2s lol.

Sadly I don't have a backup and actually the 711 and 705 have felt very stable for me when I did use them. I'm just curious as to why this would happen....

Which colour ram slots are you using to enable 1t timings as every time in the orange slots i try when i get into windows it is real flaky for me. I am running the 7/11 bios with g.skill pc 4400 @ fsb of 236 at voltage of 2.9 (ne less voltage errors in mem test).